Cooling the 3700x - is the Asetek 645lt worth it over air cooling alternatives?

suboptimal

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Jul 26, 2019
I'm planning a build in the Sliger SM560 and have nearly all the parts besides the case. I purchased an Asetek 645lt because it seemed it would give me the best cooling performance, and I did not want to have to struggle with thermals in my first SFF build. I've been doing a lot of reading and have seen more and more comments that suggest that it is not necessary for the 3700x, and thus not worth the hassle of installation and the additional considerations that come with an AIO (pump noise, air travel, and so on).

How has the 3700x been performing with coolers like the Black Ridge and C7g/cu? These seem to be the best air cooling alternatives, and based on others' experiences it appears it would be a easier time air cooling f I can get away with it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

CPU - 3700x
Mobo - Asus B450-i Strix
RAM- Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000
Storage - Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB
GPU - undecided
PSU - Corsair SF600 Platinum

releasedtruth

Cable Smoosher
Jul 19, 2019
Check the sffpc subreddit. Have seen some reports there. 3700x may be okay to cool on air, but don't expect OC headroom. Having moved on from Black Ridge to 645 myself, it would be my choice for longer term flexibility.

Last edited: