Dan A4 overclocking. air or liquid cooling?

Daenny

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jul 20, 2019
Hey!

Lately I have been attending alot of CS:GO Lan tournements and traveling a, so I decided to sell my old huge gaming pc, and build a new ITX pc. After alot of research and planning I decided to go for the Dan A4 since its absolutely beautiful, small and can still fit a full size GPU!

I have already ordered the Dan A4 v4 case and a custom made psu bracket which helps and makes room for cable management, from this guy: reddit.com/user/Losercard

The components I am considering to get:
Intel I5-9600K
RTX 2060 Super / RTX 2070
ASUS ROG STRIX Z390I
Corsair SF600 PSU Platinum
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz 32GB
Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD

The cooling options I have mainly been looking at is the Noctua NH-L9i and Asetek 645LT.

What I am struggling to decide on is wether to go for liquid or air cooling for my use. I will mainly be gaming, watching movies, streams etc and using solidworks on it. In my old rig I had the i5-8600k and overclocked it to 4.7ghz, and for this rig I want to overclock the cpu without having issues. The reason for overclocking is that I mainly play CS:GO on a 240hz monitor and since the game is terribly optimized and runs on a single core I need to overclock it to keep my fps high and stable.

Any thoughts ony my components, any suggestions is appreciated!

My first question is, should I go for the Asetek option or is the Noctua enough for my build and use, and since I will be mounting case fans above and under the motherboard, depending on the cooling I go for, which direction should they blow?

My second question is depending on which cooling option I go for, what type of GPU should I go for, blower or open air? to my knowledge, With blower it will exhaust the heat out of the case, but it might be louder. With open air the gpu will stay cooler, but release all the heat inside the case which can cause other components to get higher in temperature. Which combination should I go for?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: