GPU Best GTX 1050Ti LP in the market

Clark Hope

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jun 13, 2017
Hello everyone,

I have been reading and following many post but I never register until now! After some months planning to build a SFF pc, I am finally purchasing the parts and I have a question for all of you out there!

As far as I know, Gigabyte, MSI and Zotac manufacture here in Europe LP 1050TI versions with slightly different fan design and lengths. My questions are:

¿Are there any real differences in terms of performance between them? Considering the 4GB versions
¿Do they all suck air with the vents or is there any of them that blows air out?
To those who have them, ¿how noisy are them? I have read in a few places that the MSI is loudish.

Thank you all in advance!

PS: I am pairing it with a Pentium G4560 (trying to keep a low budget)

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
FWIW the MSI has a fairly short heatsink so it makes removing the fans and mounting 80mm/92mm to the case easier.

Clark Hope

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jun 13, 2017
You may want to take a look at KFA2's offering if you're in Europe as I have a Galax card and really like the cooler design they use. The others either seem to have a smaller heatsink and dual fans or a larger heatsink and single fan.

http://www.kfa2.com/kfa2/graphics-card/10-series/kfa2-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-oc-lp.html

Thanks for the tip, I will check availability and prices!

FWIW the MSI has a fairly short heatsink so it makes removing the fans and mounting 80mm/92mm to the case easier.

Thanks for the reply, do you mean to change the vents from the gpu with better ones or placing fans blowing towards the gpu PCB?

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I mean removing the shroud and attached fans from the GPU heatsink, then mounting fans to the computer case blowing against the GPU's heatsink.

Clark Hope

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jun 13, 2017
I mean removing the shroud and attached fans from the GPU heatsink, then mounting fans to the computer case blowing against the GPU's heatsink.

I will be using the GEEEK A20 case so I fear that the only spot to place a fan might not be enough to cool down the GPU but thanks for the advise!

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
There's only 1 test I know of that directly compared the 3 low profile 1050 (ti)'s: https://be.hardware.info/reviews/7351/geforce-gtx-1050-a-1050-ti-low-profile-round-up-htpc-kaartjes

It's it Dutch though, but google translate should be quite potent at translating it.

The general consensus of the test is that the Galax (KFA2) card is underwhelming on the performance side, the MSI is loud and the Gigabyte runs warmer than the others.

The A20 might hot have its vents located optimally for replacing fans on the MSI as the fan will mainly blow at the PCB and not through the heatsink.

Clark Hope

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jun 13, 2017
There's only 1 test I know of that directly compared the 3 low profile 1050 (ti)'s: https://be.hardware.info/reviews/7351/geforce-gtx-1050-a-1050-ti-low-profile-round-up-htpc-kaartjes

It's it Dutch though, but google translate should be quite potent at translating it.

The general consensus of the test is that the Galax (KFA2) card is underwhelming on the performance side, the MSI is loud and the Gigabyte runs warmer than the others.

The A20 might hot have its vents located optimally for replacing fans on the MSI as the fan will mainly blow at the PCB and not through the heatsink.

Thank you very much Robbee, that review gives me some interesting insight (I could effectively translate it to english hehe). About the fan replacing, I am pretty sure that I will have to leave it as it is due to lack of space/modding ability. Once I have the system build without the GPU and measure temperatures and all that, I will decide on the card!