Best 184mm radiator and fan combo?

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Feb 27, 2018
I'm considering doing a custom case in the ZS-A4M/Hahutzy 4L case, but with enough space in the front to mount a 2x92mm radiator. Basically the only options on the market are:

The 54mm M184GTX from hardwarelabs

The 45mm xt452x92 from alphacool.

A 30mm Chinese no name that seems to be out of production

Using an a9x14 and the GTX gives 68mm total clearance, while the XT45 and my 92mm gentle typhoons give a total clearance of 70mm. Anyone know which would be better?

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
I'm considering doing a custom case in the ZS-A4M/Hahutzy 4L case, but with enough space in the front to mount a 2x92mm radiator. Basically the only options on the market are:

The 54mm M184GTX from hardwarelabs

The 45mm xt452x92 from alphacool.

A 30mm Chinese no name that seems to be out of production

Using an a9x14 and the GTX gives 68mm total clearance, while the XT45 and my 92mm gentle typhoons give a total clearance of 70mm. Anyone know which would be better?

For fans, noctua.

I believe the alphacool is the best, in the Neutrino build.

Pinging @aquelito to confirm.

Nope: He was using a dual 60MM rad. https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...-watercooling-and-open-frame-psus-4-26l.7479/

Reactions: owliwar

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Feb 27, 2018
For fans, noctua.

I believe the alphacool is the best, in the Neutrino build.

Pinging @aquelito to confirm.

Nope: He was using a dual 60MM rad. https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...-watercooling-and-open-frame-psus-4-26l.7479/
I already have 2 a9x14's and 2 gentle typhoons, the typhoons have a significant size advantage, and if they're anything like the full sized ones I'll get crazy performance out of em. I may just go with the alphacool and run some tests, but I really want the best performance possible.

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
You can have a pretty good idea of the performances to be expected from your dual 92 radiator by looking at Qinx H20 Micro build log :

He was using a custom dual 92 to cool a 4790K and a GTX 970 (3 years back).

Honestly, between the Alphacool and HWLabs, it's just a matter of size.

I have a slim 30mm dual 92 radiator from an Asetek AIO, made of copper, lying around.
I made very quick tests few years back, watercooled GTX 970 inside a Streacom F7C, but never had the chance to actually use it.

It's yours if you need it.

Reactions: NinoPecorino

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Feb 27, 2018
You can have a pretty good idea of the performances to be expected from your dual 92 radiator by looking at Qinx H20 Micro build log :

He was using a custom dual 92 to cool a 4790K and a GTX 970 (3 years back).

Honestly, between the Alphacool and HWLabs, it's just a matter of size.

I have a slim 30mm dual 92 radiator from an Asetek AIO, made of copper, lying around.
I made very quick tests few years back, watercooled GTX 970 inside a Streacom F7C, but never had the chance to actually use it.

It's yours if you need it.

Woah, that would be amazing! I assume by your wording it's just the radiator? If so, do you know what size of tubing its barbs take?

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
Whilst I see no reason to act in this instance I will take the opportunity to remind everyone that the only place where buy / sell / trade is allowed on the forum is in the BST sub-forum. In future please be sure to conduct business there.

Reactions: Damascus

nightmr

Chassis Packer
Apr 8, 2017
very appreciate your idea! can't wait to see your idea come true. I am also looking for the information about the dual 92 mm rad. I have also post what i find about it.

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Feb 27, 2018
very appreciate your idea! can't wait to see your idea come true. I am also looking for the information about the dual 92 mm rad. I have also post what i find about it.
Well, with the 184x30mm rad on it's way I'm going to start on my hardwood + sheet metal prototype. If that goes well I may try and do a small group buy similar to how the DSE breathe was made.

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
Looking forward to seeign this done !

I trust you'll find some hose clamps on eBay (forgot that ;)

Reactions: Damascus

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Feb 27, 2018
What a nice setup! btw, what the name of the rad, where did you got it?
The rad is from aseteks lclc (low cost liquid cooling) run they did back in ~2010. Basically the first line of aios ever made! Unfortunately, that makes it almost literally impossible to find, so the 20mm larger alphacool rad is probably still you're best bet.