Log BAOCASE Mini | 2.77L 7800X3D & 4060Ti & internal PSU(with X600-STX 12v input MOD)

sandyware

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jul 6, 2024
[Edited on July 15, 2024: Reupload pictures.If not display, please reply.]
Hello everyone,

I’d like to share my 2.77L SFF build of the 7800X3D CPU and 4060Ti GPU.

As you can see, this build is based on an STX motherboard with a discrete graphics card SFF case. Since last year, I have designed cases for ASRock X300/A300-STX, H110/H310-STX, and B660/B760-STX motherboards. I have also developed hardware mods for motherboards that do not support 12V input. Through small-scale sales, I've sold about 20 kits, receiving some positive feedback from users.

Since ASRock didn't change the rear IO layout on the X600M-STX, the case designed for the X300M-STX can be used directly, saving a lot of time. Below is the prototype I build for this project. I hope you like it (please excuse the poor cable management as it might need disassembly later).Part of the photos were taken on the second prototype.

Specifications:

• CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 7800X3D
  • RAM: Gloway 16GB DDR5-4800 & Samsung 16GB DDR5-4800 (OC@5400CL44)
  • Motherboard: ASRock X600M-STX
  • GPU: Gainward RTX 4060Ti 8G PEGASUS
  • SSD: GEIL P5L 1TB PCIe 5.0
  • Cooler: Thermalright AXP90-X36
  • Power Supply: (Built-in) Mean Well LOP-300-12
  • Cables: DIY 14AWG & 16AWG Cables
  • Three dimensions:176*153.5*102.5mm(Excluding protrusions)
  • Weight:2.15kg
Assembly Steps:

Case Assembly:
The case is made from 2mm carbon fiber panels, providing high strength and very light weight. It allows for a high aperture ratio, and even thin spokes can bear considerable pressure.

Installing the Motherboard: I used the motherboard from the DeskMini X600 barebone, and chose the 7800X3D CPU.

SSD Installation: The SSD is a PCIe 5.0 model from GEIL, which is amazing fast.

Power Supply Installation: The built-in 300W Mean Well power supply module is installed. The back of the PCB is insulated with Mylar film and thermal pads, and the front has a 4cm fan for cooling.

Final Assembly: The assembled case is only slightly larger than an iPhone 12 Pro Max. The sticker is a McDonald's Children’s Day design :D

Ports and Interfaces:
The GPU’s output ports are on the top.

Rear I/O ports.

The GPU is almost flush with three sides of the case.

Front I/O ports.

12V Input Hardware MOD for X600:
Someone may be curious about how I did it.There are two methods:
1.Direct Plug Components: Connect to any of the solder pads in the red frame, passing a 100K resistor to ground.

2.SMD Components: Choose a 100K resistor in 0402 size and solder it on top of the resistor shown in the picture. Don't remove any components.

I hope this can help some SFF enthusiasts.

Last edited:

sandyware

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jul 6, 2024
Some benchmark results:
time spy:13427

3dmark CPU Profile:

Cinebench R23:17773

SSD CrystalDiskMark:

CPUZ:single core 695,multi core:7442

Some game test:
PUBG 1080P(AA、textures、view distance are Ultra,others are low)around 330FPS

CS2 1080P high preset:around 300 fps

DOTA2 1080P highest preset:around 230 fps

Thermal and noise test:
Ambient temperature is 27°C. After 10min Cinebench R23 test, CPU temperature is 89℃ with a little throttle. Frequency is more than 4.6Ghz, with 76W power consumption. At a distance of 10cm, the noise is 59db, and at a distance of 50cm, the noise is 47db. Considering full load, I think the volume is acceptable.

Hewligan

Chassis Packer
Dec 27, 2021
Could you share a photo of how you soldered or wired the internal PSU to the back of the board, or is it identical to the soldering on the x300 mods?

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
Did you make those super small threaded cubes? they look like they're maybe 6mm and I've never seen any so small.
Also you mention selling a few kits, I might be interested in snagging one, should I shoot you a DM to get more information? I've been working on a similar case concept but yours seems much more polished.

Sicaris

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 6, 2016
Very nice build. What riser did you use for the GPU and have you powered it directly from the PSU? Is the GPU powered all the time?

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
OMG seems to have inserted the image in the wrong way:D
I was able to see the pictures of your first post yesterday, but after browsers updates, this is what I get today on my Linux computer:
Firefox (v. 128)

Chromium (v. 126.0.6478.126)

Opera (v. 112.0.5197.24)

Same 'imgur.com refused to connect' on my mobile phone browsers.

However, pictures of your following posts are displaying correctly.

sandyware

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jul 6, 2024
Did you make those super small threaded cubes? they look like they're maybe 6mm and I've never seen any so small.
Also you mention selling a few kits, I might be interested in snagging one, should I shoot you a DM to get more information? I've been working on a similar case concept but yours seems much more polished.

I used two sizes of threaded cubes: 6mm and 8mm, which are finished products purchased from Taobao.

If you're interested in the kit, feel free to DM me.

Reactions: Curiosity

sandyware

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jul 6, 2024
Very nice build. What riser did you use for the GPU and have you powered it directly from the PSU? Is the GPU powered all the time?
It's ADT R43UF 4.0 riser.The GPU is continuously powered on but remains turned off until the motherboard boots up and provides 3.3V voltage, which is the first step of GPU power up sequence. BTW, the power up sequence can be found on some repair forum.

Sicaris

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 6, 2016
It's ADT R43UF 4.0 riser.The GPU is continuously powered on but remains turned off until the motherboard boots up and provides 3.3V voltage, which is the first step of GPU power up sequence. BTW, the power up sequence can be found on some repair forum.
Excellent, thank you!

sandyware

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jul 6, 2024
I was able to see the pictures of your first post yesterday, but after browsers updates, this is what I get today on my Linux computer:
Firefox (v. 128)

Chromium (v. 126.0.6478.126)

Opera (v. 112.0.5197.24)

Same 'imgur.com refused to connect' on my mobile phone browsers.

However, pictures of your following posts are displaying correctly.
Pictures has been reuploaded, can it be displayed now?

Last edited:

go.d-bq

Cable Smoosher
Apr 23, 2021
Impossible 😁 It is fantastic!
Which external power supply do you use? Or is it enough to connect only an outlet?