Motherboard Asrock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/AX

ParallaxStax

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Nov 24, 2019

EDIT: The webpage is up: https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B550 Phantom Gaming-ITXax/index.asp
Interesting things:
  • USB C 19 pin type e header (!!)
  • No riser or chipset fan
  • Looks like 3 + 1 fan headers
  • 1x front gen 4 m.2
  • 1x rear gen 3 m.2 slot
  • 2.5 gig ethernet
  • "8 Power Phase Design, Digi Power, 90A Dr.MOS "
  • Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax + Bluetooth 5.1
  • PCIe 4.0 x16 slot

Last edited:

Skarum

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 21, 2018
Front and back M.2 is so nice! Lovely to see more manufacturers implement it on the B550 boards.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Glad to see the USB type C header and AM4 mounting but they are still using right angle SATA connectors which screws anyone with a sandwich case that wants to use SATA drives.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Glad to see the USB type C header and AM4 mounting but they are still using right angle SATA connectors which screws anyone with a sandwich case that wants to use SATA drives.

I hate right angle SATA with a passion.

It pretty much eliminates many case layouts which put motherboard next to the PSU.

Reactions: rfarmer

Snizzmung

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 11, 2020
I'm digging the whole thing minus the only 4 regular usb slots, and the right angle sata slots.

2.5 gigabit lan is a welcome touch though.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
damn this looks good! is it weird that I'm thinking of selling my X570i Aorus to get either this board or the Gigabyte B550i Pro AX?

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
SFFn Staff
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
but they are still using right angle SATA connectors which screws anyone with a sandwich case that wants to use SATA drives.

I'm ready for board partners to just cut SATA out altogether. Even the PS5 is dropping SATA to support m.2's insane speeds exclusively.
Sweeny also said that Unreal Engine 5 will require an M.2 for loading high resolution textures in real-time.

With next gen consoles finally catching up, here's to hoping all this forward thinking hardware will finally get put to good use.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
I'm ready for board partners to just cut SATA out altogether. Even the PS5 is dropping SATA to support m.2's insane speeds exclusively.
Sweeny also said that Unreal Engine 5 will require an M.2 for loading high resolution textures in real-time.

With next gen consoles finally catching up, here's to hoping all this forward thinking hardware will finally get put to good use.

I already embrace the no-SATA life my friend. My wish right now is an ITX board with a total of 3 M.2 slots - stacked dual M.2 on the front and a single M.2 on the back.

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
Looks like a very solid board. Clean layout. No fan. Now it only remains to see what MSI's B550 mini itx board look like. No picture/product page for that one yet.