Other Asian-market only products

wywywywy

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 12, 2016
Finally got a reply from Sunmilo (in Chinese). And no he won't post to the UK because the courier he uses (SF Express) doesn't post to the UK. I just did a quick check and it seems to be true :( What a shame. I might just do an intellectual property theft and steal his design and make one myself :(

I am actually really interested in the case you just posted. Saw it on reddit the other day, because a user there said he bought it, but since then he is not really answering anymore >< And since I dont speak chinese I have no idea of how to contact the seller D:

Download the WangXin app, search for the seller's name and send him a message in English. That's how I contacted Sunmilo. Don't forget that it doesn't actually fit full length reference cards (267mm) and choice of FlexATX PSUs is limited! Also personally I think the handles look kinda ugly...

Kenji

Chassis Packer
Jul 9, 2016
Download the WangXin app, search for the seller's name and send him a message in English. That's how I contacted Sunmilo. Don't forget that it doesn't actually fit full length reference cards (267mm) and choice of FlexATX PSUs is limited! Also personally I think the handles look kinda ugly...

Oh.. Thanks that's smart :D
Yeah I agree with all of your points, but I really need to start getting something together to replace my shitty laptop XD And since my best bets the S4, and the Sentry still have quite some waiting time, I will need to grab the next best option ><

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
I think you can order from Sunmilo if you use an agent. Seems their is enough interest maybe i should consider that line of work....

Sunmilo cases wouldnt be too difficult to make. The frames are very basic and just use cheap rails welded together. Just need to figure out what you want on the outside to cover it up.

wywywywy

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 12, 2016
Not even welded. It's just 20mm aluminium extrusion with M5 bolts to the front and rear panels, then M3 screws to the other panels :)

But everything is anodised and chamfered, with some bending required too. So it won't be a quick or easy job if one was to make it the same quality...

But yes I'm going to try and get a quote from dotdotbuy!

I want a little bit of customisation (more vent holes) though so not sure how that's going to work through an agent.

Xyit

Chassis Packer
Jul 24, 2016
I am actually really interested in the case you just posted. Saw it on reddit the other day, because a user there said he bought it, but since then he is not really answering anymore >< And since I dont speak chinese I have no idea of how to contact the seller D:
Same here!

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Aliwangwang aka wangxin aka the official messenger tool.

He did reply but he didn't say much and didn't answer the questions :(

-----

Also look at this other one from another seller - Twinkleaf 70-cut! Only 5.95L!

68 x 330 x 265mm (5.95L)
GPU max 245 x 130mm
2 x SSD
CPU cooler max 47mm
FlexATX

https://world.taobao.com/item/523845809710.htm
https://www.chiphell.com/thread-1627784-1-1.html

What kind of power supply is in that case? Looks like a TFX power supply.

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
Aliwangwang aka wangxin aka the official messenger tool.

He did reply but he didn't say much and didn't answer the questions :(

-----

Also look at this other one from another seller - Twinkleaf 70-cut! Only 5.95L!

68 x 330 x 265mm (5.95L)
GPU max 245 x 130mm
2 x SSD
CPU cooler max 47mm
FlexATX

https://world.taobao.com/item/523845809710.htm
https://www.chiphell.com/thread-1627784-1-1.html

I thought the case looks a bit familiar. I don't think the guy made that case, I think he is just modifying one that's sold by a different guy/company:

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.238.c65RXW&id=535513223265&ns=1&abbucket=14#detail

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
I'm bumping this thread for another case I found. It's the ARCUBE, a cube case that's available both in anodize aluminum finish and all acrylic. But both versions have a smoke acrylic panel in the front, so you see the interior from the front instead of the side like in most cases. I quite like the hinges of the front panel, looks like what you'd see installed on cabinet doors.

A crazy watercooling loop showing the convenience of the slide-out motherboard tray:

It fits a mITX board and upright mITX card, to at least 200mm in length. Some packages include a Flex-ATX power supply (or maybe it's a short 1U), and there's also NAS configurations for multiple drives in lieu of using a tall CPU cooler. Another option is a VFD display for HTPC use.

Here's an unboxing thread on Chiphell showing the bare case, and then a complete build with the display.

Last edited:

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
I tried to buy the Arcube case back in January, but I think the guy is having trouble actually manufacturing the case. He told me about 2 weeks to deliver but cancelled the order. Since then I've seen almost no new reviews of the case on his Taobao account, so I think maybe it's not actually available - he's looking for someone to buy the idea and design from him, or to help him manufacture.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Sounds like a situation of seeing demand for the product and having a couple orders lined up, but not enough funds to fulfill the orders. Or, even if he receives payments for the orders, that there aren't enough of them to meet the MOQ for his manufacturer.

It's too bad that the manufacturing has halted because it's a simple but flexible design. On Taobaocart the Arcube is shown to be "in advance" so I guess it really is put for back-order only.