Memory Are there any RGB "low profile" (< 35 mm height) RAM?

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 22, 2017
Has any manufacturer made RGB on actual Low profile RAM? Meaning RAM + lights would be as tall as normal RAM modules without heat-sinks?

My case cannot accomodate taller than 35 mm if using certain radiator setups. But I'd like those lights. :p

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
I think adata was going to make some standard height rgb ram

You could diy it with a frosted acrylic diffuser plate + led strip(s) on top of vlp ram

Reactions: Mortis Angelus

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 22, 2017
I think adata was going to make some standard height rgb ram

You could diy it with a frosted acrylic diffuser plate + led strip(s) on top of vlp ram
Ooh would be nice if they managed that. Thanks!

Hahaa. I can dremel and stuff, but doing my own rgb-RAM?.. I doubt that. Especially if it should look nice as well. ??

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 22, 2017
You..want RGB memory? °^°
Well.. For a build with big glass side panel, why not, considering all the other lights there? :p But I decided I might just go with Corsair LPX-modules anyways and let light bounce of the white heatsinks instead.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
One has to wonder: if there is something stopping you from using full height RAM, won't that same thing also stop you from seeing the RGB?

Reactions: rfarmer

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 22, 2017
One has to wonder: if there is something stopping you from using full height RAM, won't that same thing also stop you from seeing the RGB?
It's the top-mounted radiator + fans that is the issue; I want to use 280 rad + fans, which only allows for RAM up to 35 mm. So yeah; it would block like a few cm of the RAM, but the majority would be visible... We're not talking air coolers now. With 240 mm rad there would be no issues.