Production Aquanaut Basic/Extreme - Ultra Low Profile CPU Block & Pump Mount Combo

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
AFAIK the EU is working on a system for automatic VAT payments for online stores in other countries, but last I saw the timeline for it arriving was 2021 - and I really wouldn't be surprised if it took longer than that. Before I moved to Sweden the same thing was discussed in Norway, with the conclusion being "we'll wait and see what the EU comes up with", meaning they'll probably have to wait another few years :p From what I've seen the plan is for a voluntary opt-in programme seemingly targeting major online stores though, so I guess it remains to be seen how accessible it will be for smaller stores. I mean, how hard would it be to implement an online system where you submit your tracking number and the value of the goods and pre-pay the VAT? All the shipping company would need to do would be to verify the product value matches the customs papers. Should be easy enough.

Bottom line, tax sucks and it raises the overall price of any goods...
Solution: next time vote for your local representative who will lower or abolish VAT ?

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Bottom line, tax sucks and it raises the overall price of any goods...
Solution: next time vote for your local representative who will lower or abolish VAT ?
VAT is entirely unproblematic, and lowering taxes just because is a surefire way to undermine any form of well-funcitoning society. A sensible level of taxation allows me to live safely and relatively easily in a society where I feel trusted and well cared for while also allowing me the freedom to live my life as I see fit. Dismantling the foundation upon which this system is built definitely doesn't improve anything. The issue here ins't VAT whatsoever, it's the shipping companies extracting egregious fees for doing nothing at all.

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
VAT is entirely unproblematic, and lowering taxes just because is a surefire way to undermine any form of well-funcitoning society. A sensible level of taxation allows me to live safely and relatively easily in a society where I feel trusted and well cared for while also allowing me the freedom to live my life as I see fit. Dismantling the foundation upon which this system is built definitely doesn't improve anything. The issue here ins't VAT whatsoever, it's the shipping companies extracting egregious fees for doing nothing at all.
Exactly. I don’t mind paying taxes, they help keep the world working. I dislike paying twice for a service.

If at time of shipping you know that a declaration is required (which due to the parcel value is known), why is this declaration administration cost (not the VAT or duty) not factored into the shipping price? It’s not like I have to dip my hand into my pocket to put some fuel in the plane that flew it over.

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Exactly. I don’t mind paying taxes, they help keep the world working. I dislike paying twice for a service.

If at time of shipping you know that a declaration is required (which due to the parcel value is known), why is this declaration administration cost (not the VAT or duty) not factored into the shipping price? It’s not like I have to dip my hand into my pocket to put some fuel in the plane that flew it over.
Sorry that you have to pay tax on your end. Suppose online stores can add tax to all purchases but for Nouvolo, at least, it needs to keep the online store system update from time to time the tax rates for all the countries offered. And appreciate if anybody here knows where I can collect that information.

Each country can have different rules on how to apply taxes, apart from the rate (e.g. no tax below certain value, different rates for different category of goods - by HS code, etc). I need to check whether Shopify supports complex rules for applying taxes.

I know that Amazon collects taxes on their end, probably handled by their local offices around the world.

Vatzz

Chassis Packer
Sep 29, 2020
Here I am living in Australia thinking how crazy it sounds to have to pay tax to get it released from customs on something I'm buying from overseas like that. We only have to pay tax on items over $1000 that we import.

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Sorry that you have to pay tax on your end. Suppose online stores can add tax to all purchases but for Nouvolo, at least, it needs to keep the online store system update from time to time the tax rates for all the countries offered. And appreciate if anybody here knows where I can collect that information.

Each country can have different rules on how to apply taxes, apart from the rate (e.g. no tax below certain value, different rates for different category of goods - by HS code, etc). I need to check whether Shopify supports complex rules for applying taxes.

I know that Amazon collects taxes on their end, probably handled by their local offices around the world.

Its not a slight to you at all, its more the shipping companies extracting every last penny.

Fedex, DHL, royal mail, parcel force all do it. Often the admin fee is more than the tax.

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
And as for EU, Nouvolo is HK based and is not VAT registered, so we cannot directly collect or pay VAT on behalf of the buyer. So the VAT has to be paid by the "importer" (or the buyer).

We are talking to some distributor for EU region, and hopefully it will make EU purchases easier and smoother.

ckrueger99

Trash Compacter
Apr 19, 2020
Does it fit on either 1) the ASRock X299E-ITX/AC or 2) the ASRock X570 ITX-tb3 (the one with the Intel mounting system)? IMHO, these would be the ultimate hackintosh builds in a SFF case. The former is obviously an LGA2066 socket CPU, so no explicitly supported AFAIK.

eedev

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 23, 2020
Seen people posting about FedEx, had to pay 12€ VAT + 18€ FedEx "Advanced Fee" in France.
Needless to say I'm disgusted at FedEx, feels like paying twice for something. With Chronopost I only had to pay the VAT when I ordered the T1, no other extra fee.

Anyway, I recieved the Aquanaut and the EK DDC but I still need to find some 90° fittings that won't cause a bulge to the side panel, was planning to buy the Koolance low profiles but at checkout time, I threw up a little when I saw FedEx was asking for 53.63€ for 6 of them to be shipped while they cost me 53.35€...
Any advice on some other 90° to minimize the bulge on the side panel ?

Van0

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 29, 2019
Seen people posting about FedEx, had to pay 12€ VAT + 18€ FedEx "Advanced Fee" in France.
Needless to say I'm disgusted at FedEx, feels like paying twice for something. With Chronopost I only had to pay the VAT when I ordered the T1, no other extra fee.

Anyway, I recieved the Aquanaut and the EK DDC but I still need to find some 90° fittings that won't cause a bulge to the side panel, was planning to buy the Koolance low profiles but at checkout time, I threw up a little when I saw FedEx was asking for 53.63€ for 6 of them to be shipped while they cost me 53.35€...
Any advice on some other 90° to minimize the bulge on the side panel ?

I got mine from this site here. It's a dutch website, but shipping to the UK wasn't too bad, so perhaps it's not too bad for France either.

edit: just noticed item is currently out of stock but should be back in stock in a few days

arthasdklol

Trash Compacter
Nov 14, 2019
Just wanted to update that I got the package and there was no "F.U." fees from postnord. Location: Denmark, Copenhagen N. The whole process was super fast, now waiting for the rest of the parts :D

EDIT for posterity: the post below suggests that this might not be the case...

Last edited:

eedev

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 23, 2020
I got mine from this site here. It's a dutch website, but shipping to the UK wasn't too bad, so perhaps it's not too bad for France either.

edit: just noticed item is currently out of stock but should be back in stock in a few days

Thank you! I think it is still a better deal than what I would have to pay from Koolance's site with FedEx shipping.