Prebuilt Anyone Seen One of These?

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
I was having a look on ebay earlier, and this interesting Barco NRC-200 SFF came up in the suggested item list.

It looks a bit like an industrialised Silverstone SG05 with an unusual looking ITX(?) board with vertical SODIMMS powered by a 270W Flex ATX PSU.
There's room for a dual slot GPU, not sure if the Quadro was original or not; my initial searches didn't find much about it

I'm quite intrigued, it's running an Ivy Bridge i7, so is fairly powerful for its age.

Reactions: NinoPecorino

NinoPecorino

Tweezer Squeezer
Platinum Supporter
Nov 24, 2017
that's an axiomtek industrial board. definitely itx. that style of vertical sodimm slot has stayed with industrial itx boards up to today. albeit with black tabs instead of white.

Reactions: Arboreal

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Excellent board spotting skills @NinoPecorino! Thanks for posting, it's not a brand I had encountered before.
They have some interesting looking 8/9/10 gen boards on their site currently.

Part of me is interested in playing with one of these, but another is interested in an Asus H110-S1 board, as I have never played with Mini STX.
A 4GB DDR4 SODIMM and i5 7500T in the drawer are telling me that the STX board should be my next purchase, albeit an import from Europe.
Either would satisfy my need for a board with vertical SODIMMs.

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
There's definitely a need for Mini STX in my collection, just not sure the best way to achieve it.
The H110 - S1 is a good price, other than duty and VAT on imports...
I haven't had much success locating a decent and affordable power supply for it yet. I have a few 120W 19v bricks, but they're all Thin ITX (Dell) fit plugs.
There is also a left field option on ebay UK, a used Deskmini X300 kit without APU at a good price. Adding an APU would be expensive and out of budget currently, and annoying with that i5 in the drawer!
New level of confusion added with Deskmini 310 available at 40GBP, motherboard and case only but the socket is full of thermal paste 😟 🤣.
I have seen Tech Yes City on YT clean a socket with a soft brush and loads of isopropyl. Heart in mouth stuff!
If it included a psu, it'd be a no brainer to get the Asus H110-S1 going.
Let's see how it goes this afternoon with the X300, it ends at 5pm GMT.

Last edited:

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
not sure if the Quadro was original or not; my initial searches didn't find much about it

I'm quite intrigued, it's running an Ivy Bridge i7, so is fairly powerful for its age.
It most likely was, looking at the kind of company Barco is, this pc was probably part of some kind of industrial/medical display or imaging system, so the quadro makes sense.

Also explains why you can't find much information about it, it most likely was never sold as a standalone system.

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
I found an old Barco page about it, seems to be for adding cabled video sources to one of their presentation systems.
They only show what it did, with no specific system specs.
It looks like although it's a PC, it was sold as a 'transparent' enabling device running their software that happens to be a PC.

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Eeesh, £40 shipping, irregardless of whether you're buying a server or a CPU.

Where??
That Barco I linked is 11GBP UK shipping
Unsurprisingly, the X300 price shot up at the end, TBF it did have 16GB of RAM with it, but I couldn't go to 155 GBP without risking trouble with the 'management'

Gingerbeer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 6, 2019
Where??
That Barco I linked is 11GBP UK shipping
Unsurprisingly, the X300 price shot up at the end, TBF it did have 16GB of RAM with it, but I couldn't go to 155 GBP without risking trouble with the 'management'
Must be something specific to the island, Tre. When I click on your link it shows £40 shipping to my post code.

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Must be something specific to the island, Tre. When I click on your link it shows £40 shipping to my post code.
Bast**ds! That seems unduly harsh. It's not like you're severely offshore or that remote on your island.

Gingerbeer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 6, 2019
It does look like something I'd like to have a play with but, if another sff case arrives at my door in the near future, I might wake to find I'm missing vital pieces of my anatomy.

• Haha
Reactions: Arboreal

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
It does look like something I'd like to have a play with but, if another sff case arrives at my door in the near future, I might wake to find I'm missing vital pieces of my anatomy.
Yes, it's a bit like that here. I could hide a NUC or mini STX Ok I think. Selling the NCase M1 would help