Anyone have the know how? Big shuriken 2 rev b

T_Tank

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Mar 16, 2017
Anybody here have the know how to cad up and then get machined a am4 mount for the scythe big shuriken 2 rev B? I know the mounts bolt to the heatsink but it needs the right hole pattern for am4 and scythe will not make the new mounting hardware.

Like to reuse the beast when I get a am4 itx board for my rvz02b which the big shuriken 2 rev B is the largest heatsink you can put in it without modification.

It worked fine keeping a 1045t cool oc to 3.2ghz for 5-6 years

LocoMoto

DEVOURER OF BAKED POTATOES
Jul 19, 2015
As someone using this heatsink in the Node 202 atm, I'm interested in this as well, at least the cad files

T_Tank

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Mar 16, 2017
well least from what I've seen it should be possible to mount without a back plate if the right screws and washers are used.
http://www.scythe-eu.com/forum/shur...-2-rev-b-without-backplate-using-washers.html

so really would just need the mounting tabs on the heatsink setup for the shorter yet wider am4 mount

the heatsink screws would have to go through the back though I can't imagine trying to get a screw driver through the top!

theGryphon

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 15, 2015
Anybody here have the know how to cad up and then get machined a am4 mount for the scythe big shuriken 2 rev B? I know the mounts bolt to the heatsink but it needs the right hole pattern for am4 and scythe will not make the new mounting hardware.

Like to reuse the beast when I get a am4 itx board for my rvz02b which the big shuriken 2 rev B is the largest heatsink you can put in it without modification.

It worked fine keeping a 1045t cool oc to 3.2ghz for 5-6 years

Dıd you try to bend the stock AM3 brackets to match the AM4 mounting pattern?

In any case, I'm curious to hear what you ended up doing...

T_Tank

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Mar 16, 2017
no I hadn't tried anything with it as exact metal working is a bit beyond my ability and in my current setup I'd need to switch out the power supply to keep from having two fans work against each other which is less of a issue with the wraith spire cooler.

cmyk78

Master of Cramming
Jun 7, 2016
I have a Big Shuriken 2 and I think it might be possible to use the am4 mounting upgrade for the Dark Rock TF, seeing how their mounting hardware looks nearly identical.

On the top is the Shuriken's mounting hardware and the bottom is the Dark Rock TF's.
Unfortunately it looks like the only way to get the AM4 upgrade is to order it for free from BeQuiet.
This is the documentation for the upgrade.
Here is the order form for the upgrade.
This is my post from a different thread.

Reactions: TheHig

theGryphon

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 15, 2015
This is my post from a different thread.

I got excited at first but it won't work. While the mounting hole separation is perfectly matching that of BS2RevB (22mm), the hole separation in the other axis is way off. Bequiet coolers have about 56mm, while BS2RevB has about 46mm.

It seems the best way to install BS2RevB on AM4 is still using the Noctua kit (for NH-L9i/a). It's not perfect, but a careful modding job should do it.

Of course, I would love to see someone to custom manufacture an AM4 bracket for BS2RevB. Backplate is no issue, but that bracket is crucial.