Anyone ever used Buyee (Japanese Shipping Proxy)?

GentlemanShark

Asus RMA sucks
Original poster
Marsupial Computing
Dec 22, 2016
I just tried to acquire an ELSA 1050 ti through Amazon.jp using the Buyee service and I was wondering if anyone else had some experiences with it? I just placed an order and assumed the next page would contain int'l shipping prices, but it just placed an order and charged me the USD to Yen conversion from the Amazon site.

VisualStim

Master of Cramming
Mar 6, 2017
what do you need? my girlfriend might be able to help you if you throw some extra money her way.

Karamazovmm

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 15, 2016
btw I was going for the buyee service, however its ridiculous.

they order the product and when it reaches their warehouse you know how much you are going to pay for the shipping. And no you cant cancel when you reach that stage.

I have saw some sites talking about the buyee service and they usually take some products that they want and ship you the rest.

Not to mention complaints about the price they charge for the proxy.

Amazon jp ships some products internationally.

VisualStim

Master of Cramming
Mar 6, 2017
if my girl is up for it if you guys ever need anything and will give her a decent amount of money she can do it for you, she also works at a post office so she knows what to do.

GentlemanShark

Asus RMA sucks
Original poster
Marsupial Computing
Dec 22, 2016
if my girl is up for it if you guys ever need anything and will give her a decent amount of money she can do it for you, she also works at a post office so she knows what to do.
Buyee just ignored my emails and bought the item. I'm not sure what to do.

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Any way to cancel the charge to your card, seeing as you have yet to receive product?

Karamazovmm

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 15, 2016
I was looking at the int'l shipping price and it is only a couple thousand Yen, is there a processing fee and if so, any clue how expensive?

there is a processing fee, and there is the shipping fee that they will charge you.

I have no clue on how large any of those fee is, I googled buyee reliability and apparently dodged that bullet.

GentlemanShark

Asus RMA sucks
Original poster
Marsupial Computing
Dec 22, 2016
there is a processing fee, and there is the shipping fee that they will charge you.

I have no clue on how large any of those fee is, I googled buyee reliability and apparently dodged that bullet.
I wished I'd looked into it more. *sigh* I might not have enough money to finish this project.

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
I wished I'd looked into it more. *sigh* I might not have enough money to finish this project.
It happens. The brightside is being about to wait and see what comes next. Don't give up though, hopefully PayPal has you covered.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
PayPal almost always sides with the buyer. So you should be okay but it may take some time to get everything processed.

Reactions: Biowarejak

VisualStim

Master of Cramming
Mar 6, 2017
ill be setting up something to help people buy stuff from Japan. My girlfriend needs to make a side income lol

Karamazovmm

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 15, 2016
PayPal almost always sides with the buyer. So you should be okay but it may take some time to get everything processed.

yep!

Thankfully you were one of the few that managed to use paypal. It was disabled for a long time from what I saw on the comments about buyee.

Strangely a lot of people like Tenso, the parent company of buyee.

I never believe forwarding companies and thus swallowed a 100% tax on the motherboard that I got from amazon, since they do door 2 door shipping and thus include brokerage fees and tax import