Antimemetic: Fully Passive GTX 1080, SFF, Scratch-built

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Amazing results ! We often times forget how we used to get by with a lot of passive cooling and nowadays we need to move more air than a desk fan.

Reactions: ricochet

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com

Gadgety

Chassis Packer
Feb 12, 2016
@GuilleAcoustic True, Grosbill's build isn't DIY. I was just replying to the question about NYCesquire's 1080 being the world's first passively cooled. His statement wasn't "the world's first DIY passively cooled 1080". I find NYCesquire's build thrilling as is Stefan1024's various builds over at https://linustechtips.com/main/topi...gtx-980-update-21-liquid-cristal-thermometer/. BTW I wish Calyos tech, 1000W blocks, pipes and radiators were available for DIY:ers. I've seen they're planning some kits to be launched through crowdfunding and in conjuction with case-makers. Not DIY either.

Gadgety

Chassis Packer
Feb 12, 2016
Hadn't seen Impactics. Are their heat pipes alu? It says "coming soon", yet the date is 2013. Would you know where they sell their stuff?

Kooki

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 30, 2016
This project is nuts! It's pretty cool! :D

I'm really impressed by the side panels only weighting under 9lbs each. It makes me wonder if someone might ever make a desk-pc-case 100% fanless (though I have no idea how one would get enough air movement for the passive PSU).

winterfart1

Chassis Packer
Jan 31, 2017

on another note, noticed that your automation reminded me of the in-win h tower.

I'm assuming a system like above would add a whole lot of volume to your build but do keep the dream alive! Would be nice if we had an SFF case with automation huh. If not, can't wait for your end product!

Reactions: Biowarejak

Kooki

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 30, 2016
Guys, what is the name of this piece? I'm having a hard time looking for it on the web! D:

Kooki

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 30, 2016
So, HDplex responded and they don't know how the piece is called nor where to get something similar. :p

Impactics, I think.

Thank you, I had never heard of Impactics before, I'll look into it.

And now that the GTX 1080ti is a thing, I can't wait to see what comes from your project! 8D