Another M1 V6 build check - please help!

oCNoOb

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Oct 19, 2019
Hey all. It's my first time building in an ncase m1. From what I've read on the forum, this might be a tight fit. I'm also a little worried about the thermals and wanted to hear opinions. I'm thinking of overclocking the ram to 3600 but keeping everything else pretty much stock.

Pcpartpicker list:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor
Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Impact Mini DTX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB STRIX GAMING Advanced Video Card
Power Supply: Corsair SF 750 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply

Thanks!

Reactions: lordzorg

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
Damn, that's going to be an impressive build. My I ask why the impact board? Furthermore, I put together my v6 with a strix. It fits perfectly of you slide it through the front first and afterwards into place. I think it will on this board, but I don't know if there are any objects sticking out which hinder the placement. I would buy the strix when you have anything else so I could return it if needed.
Also, why overclock ram when you have money to spend judging from the other components? You can easily get some 3600 low latency ram to go with all those 12 cores.

My build, not totally finished:

Reactions: lordzorg

oCNoOb

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Oct 19, 2019
Hey, great to know that the strix will fit in there! It looks fantastic! How are the temps with that massive heatsink?

The original build was with the gigabyte x570 board, ryzen 7, stock wraith cooler, reference video card and some extra fans at the bottom of the case. I decided on the Impact board and put in a preorder at MSRP on Amazon about a month ago when the fitment issues with the Aorus board arose. Between the pre-order wait for the M1 and the wait for the motherboard to arrive, the specs and price of this build have really crept up!

The motherboard arrives on Monday, along with the power supply which I managed to preorder at a small discount, so now I am in the position of getting the rest of the parts for the build so I can put everything together and return anything that might be DOA.

Ryzen 9 came back in stock on Amazon at MSRP, so after my prolonged wait, I pulled the trigger and added the Noctua cooler to help with the temperature issues.

The reference NVIDIA card is out of stock everywhere, so I substituted in the strix and removed the bottom case fans in the hope that the massive heatsink and extra ventilation holes in the v6 with help with the GPU temps.

I guess the crucial RAM makes sense based on the original specs for the build, but seems out of place in the current setup.

So there you have it. I have quite a monstrous build in both size, specs and price.

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
Hey, great to know that the strix will fit in there! It looks fantastic! How are the temps with that massive heatsink?

The original build was with the gigabyte x570 board, ryzen 7, stock wraith cooler, reference video card and some extra fans at the bottom of the case. I decided on the Impact board and put in a preorder at MSRP on Amazon about a month ago when the fitment issues with the Aorus board arose. Between the pre-order wait for the M1 and the wait for the motherboard to arrive, the specs and price of this build have really crept up!

The motherboard arrives on Monday, along with the power supply which I managed to preorder at a small discount, so now I am in the position of getting the rest of the parts for the build so I can put everything together and return anything that might be DOA.

Ryzen 9 came back in stock on Amazon at MSRP, so after my prolonged wait, I pulled the trigger and added the Noctua cooler to help with the temperature issues.

The reference NVIDIA card is out of stock everywhere, so I substituted in the strix and removed the bottom case fans in the hope that the massive heatsink and extra ventilation holes in the v6 with help with the GPU temps.

I guess the crucial RAM makes sense based on the original specs for the build, but seems out of place in the current setup.

So there you have it. I have quite a monstrous build in both size, specs and price.
GPU temps are great! Not much worse as my open air on the box build! Had to put the fan speed to around 40% instead of 35% and while gaming 67 and junction 84 degrees. Sadly, you can't let it run any hotter, games will crash, guess it's the junction temp going 90+ and Asus doesn't want it.