News AMD's Press Conference - my SFF perspective

I'll be live tweeting the AMD CES 2019 stream on SFF Workshop's Twitter - https://twitter.com/SffWorkshop starting at 9AM Las Vegas time. I'm not in Las Vegas with the SFFn team, but I'm watching from the comfort of my own home!

SFF Workshop is my new project, as I move away from content production for SFFn - see my signature for more information. A full announcement coming in the next week.

Also, I'll be in my Discord channel throughout the week discussing the event - feel free to join :)

Last edited:

masteraleph

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 28, 2017
Sunny Cove is already spotted in the wild as Ice Lake ES, with strong statements it will launch this year in high volume, and has been demoed. It's no less vaporware than Zen2 at this point. Nice try at trolling though.

Intel said at CES that it expects Ice Lake laptop and low power chips late in the year. Desktop Ice Lake is probably a 2020 thing.

chx

Master of Cramming
May 18, 2016
Sunny Cove is already spotted in the wild as Ice Lake ES, with strong statements it will launch this year in high volume, and has been demoed. It's no less vaporware than Zen2 at this point. Nice try at trolling though.

I am not trolling, I just had enough of Intel 10nm talk and demoes. We will see.

parlinone

Trash Compacter
Nov 3, 2017
I get that people are extremely sceptic about Intel's 10nm but they have made very strong statements indicating they turned a corner.

For desktop this year another 14nm iteration or maybe even half node is the most likely scenario. 7nm is still ways off (2021 the very very earliest) and we will most definately see a 10nm+ before we see 7nm.

Reactions: NateDawg72