News AMD X570 ITX Motherboards

So we have 1 confirmed so far:

The Crosshair VIII Impact is the ITX variant.

I'm hoping here that Asus think Zen 2 is amazing enough to revive Enthusiast class Impact boards and not offer us neutered versions like the Strix garbage they've been peddling for the last few years!

B550 boards are "speculated" to appear around 6 months after X570.

Last edited:

nycalex

Average Stuffer
Nov 6, 2018
https://www.techpowerup.com/259650/asus-rolls-out-rog-crosshair-viii-impact-not-strictly-mini-itx

I think $450 is high even for an Impact board. I would have thought $100 - $150 less would be more reasonable.

$450 bones? wow

i wish they made the soundcard daughter board optional. Anyone serius about audio will have an external amp/dac anyways.

I have not connected speakers to an onboard mobo for the past 15 years. not saying tyhis is the case for everyone, but jesus $450............

MrFlamey

Cable Smoosher
Aug 18, 2019
I totally gave up waiting for the x570 Strix and bought a 3700x + Asus B450-I Strix bundle for a whisker under $500. Still not cheap, but I was done with waiting and checking Amazon every day. Fairly happy with how everything works, but the Wraith Spire is too noisy, and my SF-600 has a wee bit of interference with USB when I move the mouse in Windows, which I've had on so many machines in the past and was surprised that it's still a thing today. Hopefully nothing to do with me cheaping out on the mobo... seems like a decent board anyway, and has all the features I need.

djbabu

Efficiency Noob
Sep 26, 2019
So I purchased the x570-i Strix on Sept 29th from Amazon. It said that the delivery would be on November 15th which was a long time out. I decided to wait and the date changed to Oct 17th then the 15th. Yesterday I got a message saying that it will be delivered today. At this time it's out for delivery.
I will be picking up the 3900x from Best Buy on Saturday and then I can finally take out the Ghost S1 that's been sitting in the box since July.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
So I purchased the x570-i Strix on Sept 29th from Amazon. It said that the delivery would be on November 15th which was a long time out. I decided to wait and the date changed to Oct 17th then the 15th. Yesterday I got a message saying that it will be delivered today. At this time it's out for delivery.
I will be picking up the 3900x from Best Buy on Saturday and then I can finally take out the Ghost S1 that's been sitting in the box since July.
While you're waiting for the CPU, care to shower us with photos of the board? I'd like to see just how tall that m.2+chipset+kitchen sink stack is, as well as detail shots of pretty much everything else.

Reactions: djbabu

djbabu

Efficiency Noob
Sep 26, 2019
While you're waiting for the CPU, care to shower us with photos of the board? I'd like to see just how tall that m.2+chipset+kitchen sink stack is, as well as detail shots of pretty much everything else.
Yes, I will take photos and share them on here.

• Love
Reactions: Valantar

edrenmarc

Trash Compacter
Sep 28, 2017

I’ve been watching the amazon listing as well. Did you purchase on amazon but from a specific seller at a higher price? Or to be fulfilled by amazon at the $259 price?

M-jeri

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2016
Since there are owners of the new ROG board, let me ask this here.

Little problem I am having. If someone be kind enough to help, that would be great. Thanks in advance.

Just had a motherboard change from Asrock to Asus X570i and having a problem.

On bootup, Asus ROG splash screen shows for couple of seconds and then it shows the American Megatrends and stays there until I hit F1, go into BIOS and exits. Then it boots into Windows.

There is no error shown in the American Megatrends screen.

One more issue, not sure if related, the radiator pump fan stays in 100%. This did not happen in the other board. And in bios, there is no option to control it. EDIT: So i switched the fan headers and now the fan speeds are ok.

EDIT2: So wait for F1 if error is enabled in BIOS. So there is an error during POST. Any ideas? Or just disconnect and reconnect everything?

EDIT3: One more thing. The date was off. Tried changing it and restarted. It goes to the old one. Is this a CMOS battery?

lawtsai

Trash Compacter
Sep 3, 2019
Received my Asus X570-i board just to find that it was DOA. Returning it to Amazon but a replacement wont be available until Nov-January per Amazon's estimate.

Has anyone had any success with the other x570-i boards? I was thinking of trying the Aorus x570-i board out as its readily available on Amazon.

Jibbajabbawockers

Average Stuffer
May 2, 2019
Received my Asus X570-i board just to find that it was DOA. Returning it to Amazon but a replacement wont be available until Nov-January per Amazon's estimate.

Has anyone had any success with the other x570-i boards? I was thinking of trying the Aorus x570-i board out as its readily available on Amazon.
I've had the Gigabyte X570-i in my SM580 since August and have had zero issues with it. Its a solid board and has had regular BIOS updates. Only downsides I've had with it are ones I knew about going in, like the number of USB ports, which is why I originally liked the Asus X570-i on paper more. I've been kind of looking in on impressions of the Asus X570-i board since that was the board I originally wanted when I did my build this summer but it seems like its still in short supply. Might end up doing another build later this year with Sliger's Console case so I was hoping to maybe get the Asus X570 for that. But if its still having supply issues, then maybe not...

lawtsai

Trash Compacter
Sep 3, 2019
I've had the Gigabyte X570-i in my SM580 since August and have had zero issues with it. I've been kind of looking in on impressions of the Asus X570-i board since that was the board I originally wanted when I did my build this summer but it seems like its still in short supply. Might end up doing another build later this year with Sliger's Console case so I was hoping to maybe get the Asus X570 for that. But if its still having supply issues, then maybe not...

Thanks for your insight. I will be trying to fit a Thermalright Silver Arrow 130 mm CPU cooler on it and from the eyeball test, it looks like the clearance on the Gigabyte is lower than the Asus Rog Strix - and my thermalright fit the latter.

My only concern were the low newegg and amazon reviews for the aorus but I'm assuming those are a handful out of hundreds who have built with the mobo.

M-jeri

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2016

My initial though was to get the Auros. But I got the ASRock X570i first (Right angle SATA ports next to PSU means no SATA drives.), then got the Auros X570. But before opening it Asus X570i was released and got that after returning the Auros. I had an issue with some weird RAID error (prompts for F1 during POST) with Asus. CS was not able to help me and asked me to RMA it.

Returned it to Amazon. and got the Auros again.

Now selling the ASRock. Should have gone with the Auros in the first place. Need to use more than 1 m.2 for my use case. :)