News AMD X570 ITX Motherboards

So we have 1 confirmed so far:

The Crosshair VIII Impact is the ITX variant.

I'm hoping here that Asus think Zen 2 is amazing enough to revive Enthusiast class Impact boards and not offer us neutered versions like the Strix garbage they've been peddling for the last few years!

B550 boards are "speculated" to appear around 6 months after X570.

Last edited:

amos_yoder

Efficiency Noob
Aug 20, 2019
Ahh, nothing in the US yet from what I've seen. Been checking Amazon and Newegg every day :( Nothing so far. Literally the last piece of my build but have been waiting for weeks :/

theGryphon

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 15, 2015
Yeah, it's gonna be either the Strix or the Aorus board for me. Aorus looks to have better VRM but Strix is ahead due to IO layout, socket position, and cooling solution.

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
Damn, I'm going to need a new case after the test fit went badly. The backplate on the board interferes with the case. My OCuLink to U.2 idea is dead in the water as the cable won't fit on the rear of the board.

The motherboard is very well made and heavy, I'll give it that.

amos_yoder

Efficiency Noob
Aug 20, 2019
Damn, I'm going to need a new case after the test fit went badly. The backplate on the board interferes with the case. My OCuLink to U.2 idea is dead in the water as the cable won't fit on the rear of the board.

What case are you running?

theGryphon

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 15, 2015

I have a question: Does the M.2 heatsink also help the VRM? I mean are they connected? I'm weighing putting the M.2 on the back if doing so would give more cooling chumps for the VRM...

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
Seems like my ambitions were a bit too much for it.

Moral of the story, if someone wants an x570 build in a ZS-A4DC then use the Asrock board. No backplate.

EndEffeKt

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 23, 2019
Yeah, it's gonna be either the Strix or the Aorus board for me. Aorus looks to have better VRM but Strix is ahead due to IO layout, socket position, and cooling solution.
As far as I can recall the vrm of the x570-i strix is pretty similar to the impact which uses a doubled 4 phase with high end 70A powerstages. Thats pretty damn solid and should at least match the gigabytes straight 6 phases.
This is just out of my head. Could someone please correct or confirm?

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
*Also asked in the Lone L5 thread:*

Anyone had issues with the NHL12S and The Asrock X570 board?

djbabu

Efficiency Noob
Sep 26, 2019
So the Asus X570-I appeared on Amazon yesterday but quickly went OOS. You can still pre-order it here https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B07Y2PZTQ5/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new for $339, way more than what I was expecting. Beachaudio is selling it for $366.87. Some people on other forums are saying that the price could be a placeholder because the US MSRP hasn't been announced yet. I was also checking ShopBLT and they have it listed for $333.37. https://www.shopblt.com/item/asus-r...n3000/asus_rogstrixx570igam.html#Availability
So I am not 100% sure if it's a placeholder. I am going to wait for Newegg, hopefully it's priced lower there. If not, I am going to go with the Gigabyte mobo because I need the two m.2 slots.

bluestofblue

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2019
That is a terrible price for that board. That thing is way overpriced for what you are getting. I don't care how many usbs there are on the i/o.

I expected that price to be for the dtx.

Reactions: theGryphon

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
Thats honestly absurdly expensive. At alternate.de in germany they are listed at 289 € and 359€ which is expensive enough in my opinion

theGryphon

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 15, 2015

At these prices, I will certainly pick the Gigabyte board. What's ASUS thinking??

That is a terrible price for that board. That thing is way overpriced for what you are getting. I don't care how many usbs there are on the i/o.

I expected that price to be for the dtx.

Hifihedgehog

Editor-in-chief of SFFPC.review
May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
At alternate.de in germany they are listed at 289 € and 359€
That is why I am thoroughly convinced these are placeholder prices. ShopBLT has always been known to be one to price gouge. Amazon also has been gouging heavily lately with the Ryzen 3900X costing as much as $590 from them. So don’t think for a moment that when no other big dog (NewEgg or Micro Center, in particular) has it in stock that they won’t take advantage of the situation. Amazon is just as greedy as any other retailer is when they have no other competition to keep them in check.

nycalex

Average Stuffer
Nov 6, 2018
if the strix is $339, then that means the crosshair vii impact will definitelly be over $400.

no thanks. i'll just use a b450 board with a 3rd gen ryzen