News AMD X570 ITX Motherboards

So we have 1 confirmed so far:

The Crosshair VIII Impact is the ITX variant.

I'm hoping here that Asus think Zen 2 is amazing enough to revive Enthusiast class Impact boards and not offer us neutered versions like the Strix garbage they've been peddling for the last few years!

B550 boards are "speculated" to appear around 6 months after X570.

Last edited:

Hifihedgehog

Editor-in-chief of SFFPC.review
May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
Lol, what? It has almost same audio quality.
There's no denying that for 99% of users, the difference is functionally indiscernible. But it is true that Sabre DACs are among the very best the market has to offer which is why you see them used quite frequently in $1,000+ standalone desktop DACs. Check out AudioScienceReview. Objectively, Sabre DACs, when properly implemented, offer top-of-the-line sound quality that no other DAC can begin to approach.

Last edited:
Reactions: annasoh323

EndEffeKt

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 23, 2019
While we are already talking audio here...I am building a watercooled NCase and therefore dtx conflicts with my radiators. Is it possible to drive my 600 ohm Beyerdynamic headphones with the Strix-board? I could not find conclusive info on that. If not I might need a DAC.

Hifihedgehog

May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
You'd actually need an amplifier, not a DAC, but yes, you need a bit of voltage to fully drive a 600-ohm Beyerdynamic set of headphones. The JDS Labs Atom would be your best option at $99 outperforming the previous giant killer, the Objective2 or O2, which needs no introduction.

dKenGuru

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 2, 2019
dken.guru
There's no denying that for 99% of users, the difference is functionally indiscernible. But it is true that Sabre DACs are among the very best the market has to offer which is why you see them used quite frequently in $1,000+ standalone desktop DACs. Check out AudioScienceReview. Objectively, Sabre DACs, when properly implemented, offer top-of-the-line sound quality that no other DAC can begin to approach.
I know about DAC. But using chip it is not is same is offer good realization of it. In 99% times no matter what DAC used in MB, it has very small advantage over Realtek 1220. Just marketing and no more - Look, we have addition DAC, it Sabre, pay for it.

Hifihedgehog

May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
it has very small advantage over Realtek 1220.
Outside of consumer fare from the likes of Bose and Beats of the world, it's not always marketing. It comes down to your needs and use cases. Case in point:

Last edited:

dKenGuru

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 2, 2019
dken.guru
And what? You don't understand difference between just install the chip and good engeeniring realization.
No notable difference Realtek or Sabre on MB.

BTW I use Khadas Tone Board with JDS Atom.

Last edited:

Hifihedgehog

May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
You don't understand difference [sic] between just install [sic] the chip and good engeeniring [sic] realization [sic].
I stated as much above, when I said "when properly implemented." ;) So I absolutely agree: implementation is everything. You can have a $100 chip in an exotic, boutique topology and it sound and measure like utter trash. Or you can have a $1 chip in a properly engineered design and it sound and measure wonderfully. I think we are on the same page, but we are just saying the same thing in different ways. :)

Is having a 92MM AIO in the M1 a common choice? This is the first time I've seen it.
I am still very much a newbie when it comes to the NCase M1 as this will be my very first build with it. However, based on my layman understanding from browsing online, I would say no. Much of the M1's appeal stems from its largely unrestricted compatibility with ATX-oriented AIO's and CPU air coolers. If someone wants to use a 92-mm AIO, they usually drop down to the DAN Cases A4-SFX. One possibility is this user was upgrading from the DAN and they opted to carry over the cooler they were using previously.

Last edited:

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
First time I've watched a Paul's Hardware video in a while, but this is about as thorough a hardware overview of the Crosshair VIII Impact that one could want. Very happy he took the time to pull off the VRM/chipset cooler.

Reactions: Hifihedgehog

bluestofblue

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2019
Nice board. With no ability to gain substantially via overclocking I think the board is overkill for $400. I wish they would charge $300 for the board and another $80 if you want the daughter board too.

Still mad they didn't put a Gen 3.2 port on the Strix board also. That is bs.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Nice board. With no ability to gain substantially via overclocking I think the board is overkill for $400. I wish they would charge $300 for the board and another $80 if you want the daughter board too.

Still mad they didn't put a Gen 3.2 port on the Strix board also. That is bs.
A $300 ITX board in 2019 with no m.2 slots would sell a grand total of zero units worldwide. The VRM should be good (if still a bit overkill) for the 3950X with PBO and suchlike. It also looks like a killer board in terms of features, I/O and so on (I particularly like that it has a thermal sensor header), and the layout is excellent. I'll likely be getting one down the line (as long as I get confirmation it will fit in my NZXT H200) for use with something like a 3900X, but then I won't be paying for it with my own money. It technically won't be mine for a couple of years either, but I'll be the only one with access to it, so that doesn't matter :p Still, if I had to pay for it myself I could never afford a board like this.

Reactions: SFF EOL

Hifihedgehog

May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
The ASUS ROG Strix X570-I Gaming was just listed on AVADirect Custom Computers in the last 24 hours (see link below). However, while it was listed for sale in their online configurator, it is not yet available (its availability is listed as "unknown").

As far as price is concerned, we are now able to deduce the US pricing with greater certainty will be $250-$260. AVADirect's configurator is pegging it as worth $39 more than the GIGABYTE X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI which, per Google, retails for $219.99. That would mean the ASUS ROG Strix X570-I Gaming would cost $258.99 if we were using their online configurator as a standard of measure. However, taking into account the art of upselling and the unnecessary excess amount they are typically tack on above suggested retail for the privilege of upgrading to more premium equipment, I would not be surprised in the least if it retailed for no more than $249.99.

Last edited:

MrFlamey

Cable Smoosher
Aug 18, 2019
When I checked just now, it cost $127 to upgrade to the Strix ? ... ?

Here in Japan the Gigabyte board is nearly $300 on Amazon, and the ASRock board is around $370 ?
God only knows what ridiculous price we'll be asked to pay when Asus release their boards here. I was really excited to be building an ITX machine, but there is certainly a fairly large ITX tax.

Anyone buying a non-x570 board for their Ryzen 3000 build? The MSI b450 Gaming is literally half the price of the cheapest x570 ITX board, has no chipset fan and has had months of battle testing, so I'm tempted to go for that instead.

Last edited:

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017

Here in Japan the Gigabyte board is nearly $300 on Amazon, and the ASRock board is around $370 ?
God only knows what ridiculous price we'll be asked to pay when Asus release their boards here. I was really excited to be building an ITX machine, but there is certainly a fairly large ITX tax.

Anyone buying a non-x570 board for their Ryzen 3000 build? The MSI b450 Gaming is literally half the price of the cheapest x570 ITX board, has no chipset fan and has had months of battle testing, so I'm tempted to go for that instead.
I am using the MSI with a 3600x and works great.

EndEffeKt

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 23, 2019

I bought a used and updated b450-i strix a couple of days ago for 130 €. After realizing that the board has the same fan-headers, temp sensor connects and audio codec of the x570 (features I want for my water cooling setup) I just ditched x570 for now.