News AMD X570 ITX Motherboards

So we have 1 confirmed so far:

The Crosshair VIII Impact is the ITX variant.

I'm hoping here that Asus think Zen 2 is amazing enough to revive Enthusiast class Impact boards and not offer us neutered versions like the Strix garbage they've been peddling for the last few years!

B550 boards are "speculated" to appear around 6 months after X570.

Last edited:

masteraleph

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 28, 2017
Specs sheet looks really good- 2x m.2, 8 USB on the back panel (3 of which are 3.1 Gen 2 type A, one is type C), top end Intel wifi and Intel ethernet...

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
The Impact must be extremely close as well. Someone just photographed one inside of an Ncase M1. Looking good!

The Impact has been in stock in Norwegian stores for a couple of weeks. No doubt they're trickling out globally.
Anyone see the x570i asus listed actually for sale yet?
Two Norwegian stores have it listed (though at far beyond $220 + VAT), but neither have it in stock. Hopefully the prices drop to MSRP once the cards actually arrive.

Reactions: Hifihedgehog

Hifihedgehog

Editor-in-chief of SFFPC.review
May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
The Impact has been in stock in Norwegian stores for a couple of weeks. No doubt they're trickling out globally.
No doubt. We have seen in several retailers throughout Europe. It is only a matter of time before they come stateside to the United States. It is still not quite here yet, though. Hopefully in the next two weeks, Amazon, NewEgg and Micro Center should be getting in their shipments.

FCase

SFF Lingo Aficionado
FCase
Dec 20, 2015
Anyone see the x570i asus listed actually for sale yet?

Outlet PC here in Vegas said they won't have their shipment in for a couple of weeks. They said the bigger retailers, like Amazon, Newegg, and Micro Center get theirs first. Newegg and Amazon should have stock by Monday.

amos_yoder

Efficiency Noob
Aug 20, 2019
Outlet PC here in Vegas said they won't have their shipment in for a couple of weeks. They said the bigger retailers, like Amazon, Newegg, and Micro Center get theirs first. Newegg and Amazon should have stock by Monday.
Awesome! Thanks for the insight!

Hifihedgehog

May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
Sept 30th. That's what I saw on Bitwit and Paul's hardware.

O
A note on that: they sourced Guru3D.com who referenced a Swiss web store. According to a Swiss commenter on Guru3D.com, that web store has had the September 30th release date listed as a placeholder since back in July. So it is not news unless they guessed lucky that far in advance.

Reactions: CountNoctua

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
Has anyone found a photo of the back of the Asus board? There is a backplate on it and I would like to know if we are going to have compatibility problems like the Gigabyte board seems to be having with sandwich cases.

Hifihedgehog

May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
Update 1: X570 Crosshair VIII Impact PCB breakdown (in German)

Update 2: The Impact's full page (including gallery) just went live!

The big question is will my Ncase M1 manage to fit this...

...with this?

If not, Strix it will have to be.

Last edited:

FCase

SFF Lingo Aficionado
FCase
Dec 20, 2015
You shouldn't have any problem. The first YouTube video you posted of the Asian Impact build showed the guy testing a cpu waterblock with the m2 riser.
His cooler looked bigger than Corsair's.

Almost here...

Last edited:

EndEffeKt

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 23, 2019
You shouldn't have any problem. The first YouTube video you posted of the Asian Impact build showed the guy testing a cpu waterblock with the m2 riser.
His cooler looked bigger than Corsair's.
I think its not the waterblock thats in question, but the so-dimm card and a sidemounted radiator.

EndEffeKt

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 23, 2019
The german retailer Proshop is listing the Asus x570-i strix at 309 Euro. It is expected to be in stock 26.09.2019 So end of the month seems realistic for international purchases.

Hifihedgehog

May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
I think its not the waterblock thats in question, but the so-dimm card and a sidemounted radiator.
This. Thank you so much for clarifying this. I am concerned that the clearance between the SODIMM card and the radiator mounted on the side of the case won’t be quite enough. By my very rough mathematical estimates, it could be within a couple millimeters which is a bit worrisome. In any event, if the Impact ends up not working out, the Strix has the same power delivery components so I would be totally fine with it. But I would like to know whether or not it works before taking the plunge on the Impact rather than having to do an exchange for the Strix.

theGryphon

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 15, 2015
^ I think the Impact board is a bust. I mean, I'm sure it's a great board but I don't see any benefit of making it larger. It has the same VRM as the Strix ITX board, same audio, same number of m.2 afaik.

The space occupied by that larger card could also be used for the audio circuitry, and/or another daughtercard could be used on top for additional VRM/m.2