News AMD X570 ITX Motherboards

So we have 1 confirmed so far:

The Crosshair VIII Impact is the ITX variant.

I'm hoping here that Asus think Zen 2 is amazing enough to revive Enthusiast class Impact boards and not offer us neutered versions like the Strix garbage they've been peddling for the last few years!

B550 boards are "speculated" to appear around 6 months after X570.

Last edited:

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Reactions: Hifihedgehog

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
ALTERNATE has the Strix and the Impact pre-listed for £364. The Asrock X570 Phantom Gaming is already a £330+ board (but has Wifi6 and TB3).

Norwegian stores list it for the equivalent of £290-300 including 25% VAT, don't know about British VAT rules, but £360 sounds high no matter what.

The Crosshair VIII Impact is in stock(!) at Proshop.no for NOK 4190 (=£381).

Last edited:

Obakemono

Trash Compacter
Jan 20, 2019
I watched a Japaenese review of the Asrock X570 phantom Gaming and it seems that Asrock is still not doing ITX boards right, as they have allot of SMD parts in the keep out area on top and on bottom, especially around the mounting holes on the back of the mobo. I had this same issue with a FM2+ motherboard from them where the traditional AMD metal backplate would not fir because of a bunch of SMD capacitors in the way and I had to rig the cooler up to get it to work. So buyer beware.

O

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Norwegian stores list it for the equivalent of £290-300 including 25% VAT, don't know about British VAT rules, but £360 sounds high no matter what.

The Crosshair VIII Impact is in stock(!) at Proshop.no for NOK 4190 (=£381).

Alternate has the Impact in stock, ready for dispatch, for £364 (with 20% german VAT). I can't really imagine the Strix being more expensive than the Asrock Phantom Gaming that costs £330. As you said, £290-300 would be an expactable and "reasonable" price.

I watched a Japaenese review of the Asrock X570 phantom Gaming and it seems that Asrock is still not doing ITX boards right, as they have allot of SMD parts in the keep out area on top and on bottom, especially around the mounting holes on the back of the mobo. I had this same issue with a FM2+ motherboard from them where the traditional AMD metal backplate would not fir because of a bunch of SMD capacitors in the way and I had to rig the cooler up to get it to work. So buyer beware.

O

Yeah, that's a shame and can break compatibility with some after market CPU coolers.

Last edited:

Hifihedgehog

Editor-in-chief of SFFPC.review
May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
For the geek heads out there that really like knowing things down to the tiniest, most minute detail, it looks like one of the ASUS engineers published a video detailing the design and development of the Crosshair VIII Impact. He goes so far as to include some of the CAD image shots of the electronic circuit diagrams used in manufacturing the board:

Also relevant from the video:

Last edited:

FCase

SFF Lingo Aficionado
FCase
Dec 20, 2015

Outlet PC has the Strix listed @ $300 though the picture is wrong.

Game PC has it listed for $300 as well. Both locations are out of stock at the moment.

Based on those figures, it looks like the Crosshair Impact will be about $350 +.

? Gigabyte for $220 or Strix for $300?

Hifihedgehog

Editor-in-chief of SFFPC.review
May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review

Both motherboard pages for the Strix and the Impact are unavailable as of this posting which strongly leads me to believe they will be officially releasing stateside this week. Stay tuned.

Update: The pages were down through yesterday, 9/8/2019. However, as of today, 9/9/2019, the Strix's page appears to be back online with a newly added gallery. The Impact's page, on the other hand, is still offline. Release must be even closer now.

Update 2: Someone just posted some teardown photos of the Impact:

Last edited: