News AMD X570 ITX Motherboards

So we have 1 confirmed so far:

The Crosshair VIII Impact is the ITX variant.

I'm hoping here that Asus think Zen 2 is amazing enough to revive Enthusiast class Impact boards and not offer us neutered versions like the Strix garbage they've been peddling for the last few years!

B550 boards are "speculated" to appear around 6 months after X570.

Last edited:

MrClippy

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 16, 2018
tl:dr Ryzen 3000 overclocking may have another knob to turn other than core and memory

36:28- "Ryzen 3rd gen is gonna be changing overclocking to be more similar to what we had on AM3+... there wasn't just core clock and memory clock, there was one other clock you kinda needed to take care of ...."

Reactions: BillT and Boil

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
tl:dr Ryzen 3000 overclocking may have another knob to turn other than core and memory

36:28- "Ryzen 3rd gen is gonna be changing overclocking to be more similar to what we had on AM3+... there wasn't just core clock and memory clock, there was one other clock you kinda needed to take care of ...."

He also states he is definitely getting the DTX Impact...

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
So in regards to the C8I board...
If one were using it in a sandwich case, assuming it fit the longer DTX board profile, you still have the SO-DIMM.2 slot to deal with, being WAY too tall for a sandwich case.

However, assuming one was using liquid cooling, could one use a Riser card like this to flip it sideways maybe?

rcradiator

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2018
Anyone know how tall that riser card is on the C8I? If you ignore the riser card, it looks like the motherboard fits in the Ncase and maybe the S4 Mini (depending on whether the gpu riser clears the heatsink for audio stuff), but once you factor in the riser card, it looks like the Ncase is the only case that works. From eyeballing it, that riser looks like it's at least 50mm tall and more like 70mm tall. Can anyone confirm this?

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Anyone know how tall that riser card is on the C8I? If you ignore the riser card, it looks like the motherboard fits in the Ncase and maybe the S4 Mini (depending on whether the gpu riser clears the heatsink for audio stuff), but once you factor in the riser card, it looks like the Ncase is the only case that works. From eyeballing it, that riser looks like it's at least 50mm tall and more like 70mm tall. Can anyone confirm this?

It houses 2 x M.2 slots with cooling.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Eh, not what I was looking for. I know it houses the M.2 drives. I'm looking around to find out if anyone knows how high it sits off the pcb.

Sorry I misread that, thought you were asking what it was.

That Asus C8 Impact makes me want to move my gaming rig back into my Ncase.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Will those raised heatsinks of the MiniDTX board actually fit the Ncase though?

You have 130mm for cooler clearance so I think it would fit no problem. Biggest problem I see is with that daughter board you probably won't be able to mount a radiator + fans to the side bracket. Wish I knew the height of that thing, looking at the pictures I am thinking at least 70mm.

Reactions: Secret-Misthios

Secret-Misthios

Average Stuffer
May 25, 2019
That's right. However, looking at mostly air cooling, someone mentioned the following. The current look with the daughter board looks like it would create a sort of hot air pocket around the heatsink. Could that make heat dissipation from the CPU more difficult for a conventional air cooler? Seems like a checkmate if it hinders air cooling while making adding extra fans more difficult, and making mounting an aio/radiator more cumbersome.

Edit: I admit I have no clue what the purpose of the component in the pcie slot there is for, and why its needed at all, or why it needs to be so big.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Love they have brought back DTX, would look sick in an NCase.

Looking forward to seeing what ASRock does for the Phantom Gaming line, I love my Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX so I hope they do something similar for X570.

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Looking forward to seeing what ASRock does for the Phantom Gaming line, I love my Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX so I hope they do something similar for X570.

Best I have found so far is this video...

Looks like single M.2 NVMe SSD slot, on the back of the board, which might be worrisome; it appears all of the PCIe 4.0 x4 M.2 NVMe SSDs I have seen so far have a hefty heat sink attached, which might have fitment issues under the motherboard...?

But it is probably the only AM4 X570 ITX board with Thunderbolt 3...?

Reactions: Tazpr

Legion

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Nov 22, 2017

Last edited:

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
Well, definitely not going with Asus this time, Gigabyte looks okay, supposedly they improved the VRM from the very lackluster b450 VRM. Asrock looks great, but the high heatsinks everywhere might make it impossible to mount the Big Shuriken 3 in there. Kinda worrying MSI had no ITX board in their office on Computex, hope they're not ditching the x570 for their itx board, really counting on them to make one with the good VRM like their b450.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015

This board has Socket 115x mount holes?