AMD Wraith spire fan on wraith stealth?

diego38

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Oct 2, 2018
Hello Everyone! I'm planning a build on the Geeek A40 and most of the options for CPU cooler are pretty ugly or expensive. My CPU will likely be the Ryzen 7 1700, which comes with the Wraith Spire LED cooler. Clearly the spire does not fit the case, but it is easy for me to purchase a cheap, second-hand wraith stealth, which does fit.

My question is: Has anyone tried to use the fan of the wraith spire on the heatsink of the stealth? I know they both use the same mounting system and even the fans are attached the same way, but I can not tell for sure if the spacing for the screws is the same. Googled the heck out of it but could not find anything...

Thanks in advance folks... seems to me like a pretty simple way to make a good-looking, relatively low height CPU cooler for sff builds.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
The fans are the same size. It's the height of the cooler that's different.

diego38

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Oct 2, 2018
Hi there! So, it's good to know they're the same size, but my question is if the screw holes are the same distance on both of the heatsinks.

Basically, does X = Y? On a pure visual basis, it does. But I wanted to know for sure from someone who has both these heatsinks or has already tried this out.

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
Hey, sorry I'm actually on a business trip at the moment so I only got a short look at it before I left town. It does not appear they are the same, but I have the Wraith Max Prism from the 2700X. I'm not sure if that's the same fan or not, and I'll need to remove the shroud to be sure. I think the fan speed is also different IIRC from testing. I won't be able to double check until I get back in November however. But looking at J-Hack's post I'd say he is right. The Max Prism fan might be different but it's probably unlikely the other two are different from each other.

diego38

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Oct 2, 2018
Hi everyone!

Ok, so I managed to answer my doubts. I purchased a Ryzen 7 1700, which comes with the Wraith Spire LED. I then bought a second-hand Wraith Stealth originally from the Ryzen 3 2200G (according to the seller).

They fit! the hole pattern on the heatsinks are the exact same distance, so I was able to mount the fan from the Spire LED onto the smaller heatsink of the Stealth.

I still haven't tested it yet, and It might as well be that the fan speed and settings are different, but at least physically, my project does work.

Thanks for everyone who assisted.