SFF.Network AMD at CES 2017

Sean Crees

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 1, 2017
I was really hoping to see some release dates and pricing structures for Ryzen and Vega at CES this year. I'm getting that sinking feeling this is going to be pushed back again and again until Intel and Nvidia's next gen is right around the corner thus negating everything AMD is working towards. I hope i'm proven wrong, but that's the feeling i'm getting right now.

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
Nvidia not announcing a 1080 ti and Intel delaying the 7350k release suggests you are right. That's AMDs problem, they haVe products that look great but are still in development, but it's competitors can release ultra competitive products using existing product lines.

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Mar 8, 2016
That Lenovo VR Rig though, super nice..

Wish I could see the guts of that baby!

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
That Lenovo VR system indeed looks mighty interesting. I'm also glad that AMD is still invested in SFF with both Zen and Vega !

BirdofPrey

Standards Guru
Sep 3, 2015
Why wouldn't the partners making I TX boards want to be named? Seems good marketing to get mentioned as often as possible.

Reactions: cmyk78

ChainedHope

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 5, 2016
That and not to be pressured. If they were mentioned, they would have to eventually give an ETA for a board that might be months behind compared to its ATX or uATX brethren.

Reactions: confusis

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
I hope someone makes a X300 DTX motherboard. I need one more slot for a sound card for a 5.1 surround sound racing rig setup.

Or X300 ITX board with TB3, that would work as well, but make the whole setup more expensive. On the other hand, you're never moving that 5.1 surround system with you, so a little smaller system without the sound card is actually kind of useful.