645LT clicking. Need air cooled solution for 3700X

UnknownBehemoth

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Mar 27, 2019
So.

The pump in the 645LT started gurgling occasionally a while ago, and then started clicking yesterday. I read that this is due to trapped air in the AIO. And indeed, I could hide this symptom by flipping the A4-SFX upside down to make the pump lower than the radiator so the trapped air is at the radiator. But it doesn't remedy the problem permanently.

Gotta say I'm pretty disappointed. ?

....maybe a panel upgrade for the Dan Case for a flipped orientation would be available in the future? ?

Anyway... I now need an air cooler for a 3700X, what's the best one now? I think the Black Ridge is incompatible with the X570 ITX boards. And no resellers ships them to my country... anyway.

Would a Cryorig C7G + NF-A9x15 + 3D Printed Duct be the best one I could get right now?

Last edited:

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Cryorig C7G + NF-A9x15 + fan duct would be a good solution or a L9a with fan duct. The Black Ridge would be only better with a 120mm fan and VLP ram. I use the 3700X with L9a and durct and the temps are fine.

Reactions: ondert

UnknownBehemoth

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Mar 27, 2019
Nice, I guess I'll order them ASAP. Thanks Dan! ?

After tinkering a bit, orienting the case vertically would also solve the problem. It places the radiator on top PLUS it makes the desk footprint smaller.
I think there could be a 3D printed solution to make the A4-SFX stand up vertically. (Although it wont really work with blower GPUs.)

---
I shook the AIO as recommended in this Asetek video:

There's a quite audible swishing sound, indicating a lot of air got inside.
I think the seal on mine isn't that good.. Maybe the liquid probably evaporated more than usual..
(Oh and shaking the AIO didn't work... ?)

Last edited:

UnknownBehemoth

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Mar 27, 2019
Got the C7G + A9x14 and installed it. I'm still using a 6600K. (Waiting for the Asus X570-I cause it has more USB ports.)
It got to 73C when rendering in Davinci Resolve in 28.7C ambient temp. Much quieter.. <_>

Sad to see the 645LT though. Only got it for 2 months. And it was really hard to install.
Does Asetek do repairs or something? I don't think there's a warranty when bought from SFFLab.. is there @AseDen?

Possible source of the problem, there's a slight wet area around the fittings near the pump:

Last edited:

UnknownBehemoth

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Mar 27, 2019
Based on the info on their site, SFFlab has a 1 year warranty.

I'm still communicating with Dan of SFFLab.
I would either ship it back for RMA or some other deal.

pcmr_underdog

Minimal Tinkerer
Aug 7, 2019
So.

The pump in the 645LT started gurgling occasionally a while ago, and then started clicking yesterday. I read that this is due to trapped air in the AIO. And indeed, I could hide this symptom by flipping the A4-SFX upside down to make the pump lower than the radiator so the trapped air is at the radiator. But it doesn't remedy the problem permanently.

Gotta say I'm pretty disappointed. ?

....maybe a panel upgrade for the Dan Case for a flipped orientation would be available in the future? ?

Anyway... I now need an air cooler for a 3700X, what's the best one now? I think the Black Ridge is incompatible with the X570 ITX boards. And no resellers ships them to my country... anyway.

Would a Cryorig C7G + NF-A9x15 + 3D Printed Duct be the best one I could get right now?
Hello. Which fan duct can I use with Cryorig C7G + NF-A9x15? And is there such thing as a NF-A9x15? I thought there was only the NF-A9x14.

UnknownBehemoth

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Mar 27, 2019
Update: I shipped it back for an RMA.

Hello. Which fan duct can I use with Cryorig C7G + NF-A9x15? And is there such thing as a NF-A9x15? I thought there was only the NF-A9x14.
It's the NF-A9x14. You have to make or find a 3D print. I haven't used one on mine yet.

Be aware that the NF-A9x14 that comes with the L9a (or i) has 500 less more rpm max than the one you can buy separately.
It's actually the opposite, the one that comes with the coolers is faster.
Oh really? Thanks for the info.
Another thing to buy then. Why can't they be of the same spec... >_<
I guess the A9x14 could be a case fan now.

Last edited:

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Oh really? Thanks for the info.
Another thing to buy then. Why can't they be of the same spec... >_<
I guess the A9x14 could be a case fan now.

Yeah, that's the case. I made a little test here so you can see the real world difference:

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
Hi Unknown Behemoth,

Sorry for my very late reply. I have been away on holiday.
If you have not been able to resolve the issue via SFFLab I'd be more than happy to help you :)

Reactions: deadline

UnknownBehemoth

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Mar 27, 2019
Hi AseDen, you already replied to my DM a month ago.

And it's already been resolved, I shipped it to SFFLab to be RMA'd. :)