Sugo sg13 custom PSU location

wowaaa

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jun 19, 2017
I've stumbled across this case recently and it is pretty great, despite the PSU position, which restricts CPU cooler height. But I really don't like this limitation. Is someone tried to position SFX PSU at the front area on its side, it seems that there is a plenty room for that, and use big tower-cooler at the cpu?

P.S. Would be great if someone with the case and SFX PSU could prove me wrong or provide some photos to show if this idea is viable.

wowaaa

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jun 19, 2017
Thanks! Just what I needed to know. It seems there is plenty space to hold SFX PSU and full-length GPU.

NateDawg72

Master of Cramming
Aug 11, 2016
It should be possible to create an L-shaped bracket that you can mount to the 120mm fan mounts in the front of the case, and install the SFX PSU onto that bracket. That way you could move the PSU without modding the case. I was tossing around the idea of trying to make that, but only got as far as a cardboard mockup and situating everything inside the case before I moved on to something else.

There's definitely enough room for that though, I stuffed my corsair sf450 in the front (not mounted to anything) and ran it like that for maybe a week. I had a full length GPU in there too, just had to think about where you wanted to route cables before hand and everything slotted in fine.

Only issue I had was putting the PSU where the 120mm fan goes meant I couldn't install the HDD bracket. If you have an m.2 drive or SSDs you can tape into nooks and crannies that probably isn't an issue.

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Hi @wowaaa, it's a good question and one I asked elsewhere on SFFF a while back.
There's my thread here, with some useful answers and photos too.

Hope it helps