Via Anandtech – SFF Network’s News Post is a quick summary, please check the linked article for a deeper dive.
Intel’s upcoming “Meteor Lake” (14th Gen Core) architecture will see the debut of true AI processing hardware on a consumer desktop CPU. With the current AI “revolution” in full swing, it was only a matter of time until we saw related technologies integrated into the systems we use every day. I say true, as Intel has had their GNA, or Gaussian & Neural Accelerator, an audio processing core included in CPUs since “Ice Lake”.
Whilst the CPUs are little too far away to actually be shown at Computex (beginning tomorrow as of posting this article), Intel will be effectively “soft launching” the tech at the show, showing off their tech and their plans for the platform, including what they expect software and OS developers to use the technology...

Continue reading...

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
After watching Salesforce's Tableau Conference keynote for work...I'm completely convinced now that when F500 company talks about AI they're purely doing it for stock market share price manipulation--not actual product development actual people are actually going to use.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
After watching Salesforce's Tableau Conference keynote for work...I'm completely convinced now that when F500 company talks about AI they're purely doing it for stock market share price manipulation--not actual product development actual people are actually going to use.
I'd agree. In the industry I work in (grocery), all I see AI used is for marketing, and then marketing that they are using AI for marketing. Sigh

Reactions: rfarmer