Advice on new sff build

Diegolrod

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
New User
Feb 29, 2020
Hi

Im planning on building my first sff and it will be used specially for gaming. I was thinking on using a Louqe S1, a Ryzen 7 3700X, 16GB of Ram and a Rtx 2070 super EVGA XC Ultra.

I would like to ask you all about advice on cooling. If its enough to have it just aircooled and what type of fans your recommend me, or with liquid cooling and your recommendations.

Sincerely, Im not planning of overclocking the CPU.

Thank you all in advance

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
The RTX 2070 XC Ultra is 3 slot and too wide for the Ghost, you can go with the XC non Ultra or the Black Gaming. As far as air cooling either the Noctua NH-L12S (which needs to be slightly bent) or the Alpenföhn Black Ridge which can be used with 120mm slim top fan and 92mm slim bottom fan, either of these should cool the 3700x fine. Make sure that your ram height is not too tall.

Diegolrod

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
New User
Feb 29, 2020
The RTX 2070 XC Ultra is 3 slot and too wide for the Ghost, you can go with the XC non Ultra or the Black Gaming. As far as air cooling either the Noctua NH-L12S (which needs to be slightly bent) or the Alpenföhn Black Ridge which can be used with 120mm slim top fan and 92mm slim bottom fan, either of these should cool the 3700x fine. Make sure that your ram height is not too tall.
Ok. I will change for the non ultra version. So just that noctua fan is enough or should I get extra fans?