Discussion Acat X2 Info

evadne

Trash Compacter
Jan 15, 2020
Also… FYI…
  • There is 12mm from the top of the motherboard standoffs to the inside of the side panel, so essentially there is 12mm from the backside of the motherboard into which you can fit M.2 SSDs with heatsinks
  • Internal motherboard tray is 4mm thick

Update: You only have 12mm when the motherboard tray is not tensioned by the weight of the board, the safe value is 10mm. You could comfortably fit a normal (low-profile) SSD heatsink with a self-adhesive thermal pad. If the drive still runs hot then try to use the side panel as heatsink.

There are a few other undocumented changes / problems to watch out for.
  • The PSU bracket has been changed and it is much shorter now, you can’t move the PSU up/down as much as you would with the old bracket. Keleche has the old version / this builder has the old version as well. This change is NOT reflected in the TaoBao listing.
  • The vertical protrusion behind the PSU has been removed; this change is probably older but again is undocumented.
  • Each corner takes away roughly 10mm width/height, so 280 GTS / SR2 280 etc. won’t fit in top/bottom but the HWLabs LS280 / Corsair XR5 280mm / EK SE 280 will fit w/o problems.
  • When the case is on its side, the motherboard tray can warp slightly and sink by 0.5mm – 1mm (!) if you have installed a heavy GPU, and the case can tilt one way or the other if you have removed the rails. This is actually a serious issue as you can can bend your motherboard and/or the case itself if the case is left on its side for an extended period…
  • The retention block to hold the GPU(s) in place can slip b/c only 1 screw is used per slot instead of 2 like the Streacom DA2. This could result in crooked mounting of the GPU.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
I was under the impression that this Acat X2 can support microATX but now that I look I see the 4th PCIe slot is cut off.

This probably requires the mATX add-on which adds some height to the system.
yep, you'll need a bottom-hat to accommodate mATX motherboard

I have to concede that microATX threadripper doesn't seem likely at all. Probably better to just throw 5 more liters at it with a Cerberus X and get all the slots...
check out the SFFTime N-ATX that can support a 280mm radiator together with an ATX motherboard

Senaxx

Caliper Novice
Aug 24, 2017
I'm also looking into buying this case. But I'm wondering if this can work out they way i want. I currently have 3080 FE watercooled with EK Vector special edition. This is a very tiny card so this should fit. But I'm wondering if 1 radiator would be enough to cool the 3080FE and Ryzen 7 5800. Or do you think it's possible to fit somehow fit 2 rads? That's currently my only concern.

evadne

Trash Compacter
Jan 15, 2020
I'm also looking into buying this case. But I'm wondering if this can work out they way i want. I currently have 3080 FE watercooled with EK Vector special edition. This is a very tiny card so this should fit. But I'm wondering if 1 radiator would be enough to cool the 3080FE and Ryzen 7 5800. Or do you think it's possible to fit somehow fit 2 rads? That's currently my only concern.
You can try and jig a XSPC TX240 + 2x NF-A12x15 in the bottom, without a top hat / mATX module, + slim 280 radiator on the side. Choice of the bottom radiator depends on the thickness of the EK block, as more recent ones are no longer 1-slot but slightly more.

evadne

Trash Compacter
Jan 15, 2020
Anyone know if this case can house a non-standard size mATX motherboard (smaller than 244mmx244mm) with an ATX PSU?
You will probably need a special ATX power supply bracket that secures the power supply to the front. It is not included in the scope of delivery by default, but the SFX bracket (included) might work with a SFX/ATX adapter.

The seller has been unresponsive for more than a month now, though. I have an open case pending with them (missing parts).

shhan9088

Chassis Packer
Jul 13, 2021
@evadne How much was the shipping fee for superbuy? Because I was thinking of buying from superbuy, and I'm also living in the UK, but I don't really want to order an expensive case just to pay another £100 for shipping.

iatacs19

Efficiency Noob
Apr 18, 2020
I have one on order from superbuy.com, but I am waiting for that damn USA power cable. They agent is trying to get the seller to source it so the agent can include it in the final shipment. I wanted silver color, they only had white and grey.

I am also still waiting to see what intel will bring to the table while waiting for this damn case. If intel bungles Alder-Lake I am just getting the 5950x and some Crucial DDR4.

Mark.V1

Cable Smoosher
Aug 6, 2021
I had this case kept somewhere here for a long time as I used a NR200. I'm switching to MATX, anyone know where I can buy the bottom hat? Has anyone also tried a U12A or Thermalright SS on this case?