Taobao.com shopping/shipping guide & FAQ (Superbuy.com)

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 5, 2016
Hello fellow sff members :D
I'm writing this guide to help everybody get cheap, unique, and quality product from the Chinese online market taobao.com.
This is one of the easiest ways to purchase items on Taobao, but it comes with some downside. This guide will only apply to none DIY products, which means if there is some detailed information you need to discuss with the seller, this method won't work!

Okay, first, let us talk about what is Taobao. According to Wikipedia, Taobao (simplified Chinese: 淘宝网; traditional Chinese: 淘寶網; pinyin: Táobǎo Wǎng; literally: "searching for treasure network") is a Chinese online shopping website similar to eBay, Amazon[3] and Rakuten that is operated in Hangzhou, Zhejiang by Alibaba Group.

You can find almost anything you need on Taobao with a really low price. But shopping on Taobao without the knowledge of Chinese and without any RMB(the Chinese currency) is really a pain in the ass. That's why I have to introduce you to another great website, Superbuy.com

Superbuy is a website that provides a one-stop Shopping Agent service to purchase Chinese products for global users. Superbuy monitors the entire process from purchasing, quality inspection, storage, delivery, and after-sales.

With Superbuy, you can:
  • Talk to their customer support in English if you encounter any problems
  • Purchase items using PayPal in any currency
  • Store items in their warehouse for up to 6 months
  • Variety of shipping service including DHL, EMS with a very low price
Superbuy claims to have no service fee AT ALL, but we all know that they have to make money in some way so I suspect that they take cut on currency conversion and the shipping fee. But even with that, the price is still very reasonable.

Now let's get into the tutorial!

First, you have to register an account on Superbuy.com. I suggest using my referral link, with this link you can get a total of 188RMB(about 30$) coupons after registering (and I can get 30RMB as well :p)

After registering, you can start buying stuff! You have three choices to do so:
  • If you know the exact taobao.com item page, you can simply copy the Taobao url into the 'Shopping Agent' menu and whola! I'm using the Turemetal TP240 as an example here:

• If you do not know the link for the product, you can simply type in the product name into the Shopping Agent tab, and click search. The search result might not be accurate this way:

• yep, not accurate at all lol
  • Then the third method, for all the lazy people out there that do not want to do research and also can't find the product you want by typing the name: The Expert Service!
    • You can click that 'Try our Expert Service' link if you can't find the product you want by typing the name, or you can just go to this link

• Choose a category, type in the product name, some description and upload the image, you are good to go!

• Now wait! They will respond you in less than 24 hours :D

After talking about shopping, let us talk about shipping!
Every item you purchase using Superbuy will be store in your own warehouse, located on the right top corner, under your username. I'm using my own account to demonstrate this so I'm blurring out the information:

Here you can see all the items in your warehouse and you can choose which one you want to ship. You can check all the shipping service/fee/features in this link

After you send out your package, you can check their status by clicking the My Parcel tab under your username

You can write review after you receive your package and they will give you 500 points which are equivalent to 5RMB :D.

Hope you find this tutorial helpful. If you have any question, feel free to comment down below. I will update common FAQ in this thread as well!

FAQ
Currently None :D

Last edited:

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Mar 8, 2016
Man, that is a good guide. Thanks!

Any tips to finding what you want with Superbuy search? Should I be translating English to Chinese on Google or something?

Reactions: Biowarejak

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 5, 2016
Thank you so much for making this guide, I'm sure the site is going to se a nice influx of tiny PSU's now.
I added a link to this thread in the DC-ATX PSU thread.

Now the question is, how does one go about ordering a G-Unique unit from Guryhwa? Do you plan to make another thread for that?
I will discuss with @guryhwa to see what I can do, I'm pretty sure I will make a separate tutorial :D

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
Man, that is a good guide. Thanks!

Any tips to finding what you want with Superbuy search? Should I be translating English to Chinese on Google or something?

A couple suggestions:

On some chinese websites such as JD.com, you can input some things in English and get results even in Chinese.

This doesn't always work, however for many PC components you can still easily search many terms. If the word is an acronym, it's probably not changed from English - ex: ATX, ITX, CPU, GTX 770, SFX etc...

So for those you can always search in english for those terms. "DIY" and "MOD" are also two very common terms used on Taobao. You can also see in the Chinese version of a search result the terms that sellers are using, those are often hit heavy terms you can re-search and find many other similar items.

My other suggestion for Taobao is to find a seller that has a wide variety of items and save them to a list for later. I use "Hawcrazy" located in Chengdu because they often carry a large stock of items, but I'm sure you can find other sellers with an even larger variety and will be more professional than the average seller (it can be hard to find a good seller on Taobao!).

If you use Google Translate, Keep It Simple. English and Chinese don't mix so well, I suggest using a single word or term if possible, and make sure you are using the correct noun you need. For example, "Case" may not get you what you want, you need to specify "PC Case" - but I wouldn't suggest getting any more complicated than you need to.

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 5, 2016
A couple suggestions:

On some chinese websites such as JD.com, you can input some things in English and get results even in Chinese.

This doesn't always work, however for many PC components you can still easily search many terms. If the word is an acronym, it's probably not changed from English - ex: ATX, ITX, CPU, GTX 770, SFX etc...

So for those you can always search in english for those terms. "DIY" and "MOD" are also two very common terms used on Taobao. You can also see in the Chinese version of a search result the terms that sellers are using, those are often hit heavy terms you can re-search and find many other similar items.

My other suggestion for Taobao is to find a seller that has a wide variety of items and save them to a list for later. I use "Hawcrazy" located in Chengdu because they often carry a large stock of items, but I'm sure you can find other sellers with an even larger variety and will be more professional than the average seller (it can be hard to find a good seller on Taobao!).

If you use Google Translate, Keep It Simple. English and Chinese don't mix so well, I suggest using a single word or term if possible, and make sure you are using the correct noun you need. For example, "Case" may not get you what you want, you need to specify "PC Case" - but I wouldn't suggest getting any more complicated than you need to.
Thanks for the suggestions!
见到国人真好 :D

Reactions: Biowarejak

R3venger

Trash Compacter
Dec 15, 2015
how did it go? you received the board? did you had any problems at the border?
Had absolutely no problems
Needed toctalkcto them because of a missing shipping number. But everything went well.
But i need to sell it because lack of time