Advice Abandoned build, need rec

NastyNick

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Dec 20, 2018
Hi guys. I started designing this case going on two years ago. The brief included a small footprint, high air flow case that would accommodate a full size air cooler and GPU directly mounted to the PCIe slot. This can most easily be achieved using a vertical orientation.

This is what I came up with:

But between a baby, a full-time job, grad school and other hobbies this is what I've ended up with:

It's time for me to get this mess off my desk. But, I'm still too busy to finish the design and fire up the water jet for the frame and the CNC router for the case panels. So, can you recommend me a case that can accommodate this design brief?

NastyNick

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Dec 20, 2018
Revoccases made a build post earlier this year of a vertical tower similar to yours called the NordR1 - https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...-quiet-sff-tower-with-wood-front-panel.18206/.

He provided the files if you want to take a look. Since it sounds like you have the machinery to do it from scratch, all you'd have to worry about is writing the code for the tool pathing.
Thanks that's a cool build. But that's the thing. The design part is the funnest part. I'm definitely fond of what I started. But I'm too busy to actually build the case right now. I've got a couple hi-fi speaker projects going which I have to build the boxes for. But, since computer cases are so widely available I should just buy one for now.

NastyNick

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Dec 20, 2018
Or if its about an existing case, the following ones could work:

- NR200 - vertical mod
- SAMA IM01 - vertical mod (take a look at my build log for inspiration; temps are great)
- Sharkoon QB One
- Chieftec Mesh Pro Cube Mini (yes, thats a name) - essentially a slightly improved Sharkoon QB One
- Jonsbo V9
- Silverstone Sugo SG14

and more .. :)

cu, w0lf.
Thanks so much for the list. These are some great options. I love your build on the sama!

Reactions: hrh_ginsterbusch