Motherboard AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac Raid / NVME SSD Win10 Driver Issues

microking4u

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Feb 4, 2018
So having issues with this board having used both 3.6 and 4.5 bios with same issues related to using both an NVME SSD 1TB(Samsung 960 evo) and 2xCrucial MX500 2TB RAID 0. First you can only install the Raid drivers during initial Windows 10 install, if you skip this step and try to install once Windows is installed, they will not install giving you an error message saying you can’t install the driver with an NVME drive as your boot drive, what?? But if you inject the driver before windows installs it will work, what?? Makes no sense as I have never had this issue with Intel hardware?
I’m about to give up on this setup, was trying to build a sweet video editing rig and wanted to give AMD a chance. I’m also having a lot of USB transfer issues with my iPhone 7plus 256gb transferring 100 plus gigs of video and photo, getting multiple errors and not completing transfers inconsistently and very sporadic behavior. I have run multiple Mem tests and everything seems fine with the 16gb of GSkill 3200 memory I am using. Also, tried to upgrade to the latest drivers from AMD with regard to chipset and RAID drivers and still getting the cannot use NVME boot drive with Raid array. Anyone else having issues?

Please do not respond about your opinion of Raid or level of Raid, not interested please! I have had this same setup with Intel with no issues!

Thanks!

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Were you able to set up the RAID correctly with the manual ? I mentioned the steps in the other topic you posed the same questions, but you did not respond. @nick_w responded to that confirming it should work the way described in the manual.

Reactions: microking4u

microking4u

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Feb 4, 2018
Thanks for both reply’s Phuncz, sorry I missed your last reply.

But yes the drives and all the hardware including the drives are brand new and nothing from any older systems and fresh install of windows 10 pro 64 but. Yes followed that guide and it is working. But you cannot update the raid drivers or it will kick up the error that your boot drive cannot be NVME and may not boot if installed. Also, I’m not a rookie at this stuff, been in IT since 1995, built lots of systems in my day. In fact this reminds me of the Windows 98 Days with the pickiness of these drivers. lol

Were you able to set up the RAID correctly with the manual ? I mentioned the steps in the other topic you posed the same questions, but you did not respond. @nick_w responded to that confirming it should work the way described in the manual.