Enclosure A forgotten gem?

Nosuchthing

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Feb 27, 2017
Hi guys,

I spend most of my time lurking in here but since I have begun my quest to reduce my PC from it's current titanic form factor to a much more manageable size I have been asking questions and generally being slightly more active.

I have been looking for the ideal case to move my PC into and thought that I would have to buy a lot of extra components (new PSU, new AIO). However, just today I stumbled onto a case that came out a few years ago called the QB One by Sharkoon.

It seems to include most of what I am looking for. I recently acquired a second hand 1TB SSD so the 2x2.5 drives should be more than enough, plus it appears to be able to fit my current AIO (CoolerMaster Nepton 240M).

I really can't see a downside to this case, and at only 15 liters, I'm struggling to work out why there are so few reviews of it online. Does anyone here own this case or at least have any experience of it?

janas19

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2016
If you give details about what you're looking for and which components you plan on using in your PC, we could help recommend a smaller, more space efficient case.

Nosuchthing

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Feb 27, 2017
If you give details about what you're looking for and which components you plan on using in your PC, we could help recommend a smaller, more space efficient case.

I posted in General a while back regarding that, and between my 240mm AIO and my MSI GTX 970 4G people pretty much came down on the side of the Ncase M1. Which is a great suggestion, but is also £200 at least for me to get it over here.

At the time I was also limited by having 2 SSDs and a 3.5 HDD, but since acquiring a second hand 1TB 850 Evo I'm able to reconsider whether I need to keep the HDD or not. I was thinking about moving into the SG13 but I'd need to replace my AIO and my PSU on top of the case, once again costing me £200 and therefore not really a great alternate.

I have spent a long time looking for different cases and I can't really find anything that will reasonably fit my hardware.

CPU - i7-4790k
GPU - MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G
Motherboard - MSI Z97i Gaming ACK
RAM - 2 X 8GB Kingston Hyper X Savage Red
PSU - Super Flower Golden Green HX 750 semi-modular power supply
Storage - Samsung 850 Evo 120GB
MX300 750GB
WD Black 2TB (3.5)
CPU Cooler - Nepton 240M
Case - 380t

Now I also have a 1TB 850 Evo, meaning I could recycle the HDD and 120GB SSD at some point in the future.

Reactions: Soul_Est

janas19

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2016
I posted in General a while back regarding that, and between my 240mm AIO and my MSI GTX 970 4G people pretty much came down on the side of the Ncase M1. Which is a great suggestion, but is also £200 at least for me to get it over here.

At the time I was also limited by having 2 SSDs and a 3.5 HDD, but since acquiring a second hand 1TB 850 Evo I'm able to reconsider whether I need to keep the HDD or not. I was thinking about moving into the SG13 but I'd need to replace my AIO and my PSU on top of the case, once again costing me £200 and therefore not really a great alternate.

I have spent a long time looking for different cases and I can't really find anything that will reasonably fit my hardware.

CPU - i7-4790k
GPU - MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G
Motherboard - MSI Z97i Gaming ACK
RAM - 2 X 8GB Kingston Hyper X Savage Red
PSU - Super Flower Golden Green HX 750 semi-modular power supply
Storage - Samsung 850 Evo 120GB
MX300 750GB
WD Black 2TB (3.5)
CPU Cooler - Nepton 240M
Case - 380t

Now I also have a 1TB 850 Evo, meaning I could recycle the HDD and 120GB SSD at some point in the future.

If you have a 380t, then that's already quite small and you won't find much else below that with your components.

But as a side note, the 250D, Nano S, and Prodigy ITX all list 240mm radiator support. But using the radiator may limit the GPU length. I don't know all the details, it would require a little research.

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
I had the Corsair 250D and its a pretty formidable machine. It easily supports a 240mm radiator.

I later took the GTX 780 out of the machine and put an ASUS GTX 1080 OC in it. Complete PITA getting it in, but the case had enough airflow to OC the GPU 300 MHz and the 4770K to 4.5 GHz.

Hope this helps!

Nosuchthing

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Feb 27, 2017
If you have a 380t, then that's already quite small and you won't find much else below that with your components.

But as a side note, the 250D, Nano S, and Prodigy ITX all list 240mm radiator support. But using the radiator may limit the GPU length. I don't know all the details, it would require a little research.

The 380t is titanic, it's more than 40l.

And yes it does require research, I've done it.

As I said I'm willing to now ditch things like the 2TB 3.5, and potentially even the 120GB SSD as I can likely get away without using them now.

I am looking to get my case into less than 20ls. The QB One looks like it may be able to do it, I might have to just bite the bullet and buy it.

janas19

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2016
The 380t is titanic, it's more than 40l.

And yes it does require research, I've done it.

As I said I'm willing to now ditch things like the 2TB 3.5, and potentially even the 120GB SSD as I can likely get away without using them now.

I am looking to get my case into less than 20ls. The QB One looks like it may be able to do it, I might have to just bite the bullet and buy it.

You sure you have a 380t? It's a Mini-ITX case according to the Corsair site:

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/graphite-series-380t-portable-mini-itx-case

janas19

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2016
Pretty sure, as it's sat under my desk. Also pretty sure it's more than 40 litres as any 30 second Google search would tell you.

Ah my bad then. I was thinking it was smaller, but it does appear quite huge even for ITX. Well I listed 3 alternative cases with 240mm rad support, hope that helps and good luck to you!

:)

Nosuchthing

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Feb 27, 2017
So you going to get the QB One? It's still cheap on Amazon.

I probably still will, I'm just going to wait a little while until I have the time to enjoy doing a new build (much as it's just moving my current hardware).