Cooling 92mm Fan Duct 2018-10-11

No permission to download

el01

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jun 4, 2018
el01 submitted a new resource:

92mm Fan Duct - Designed for Cryorig C7, should be laser cut

Please read the README. By opening the SVG files, you are automatically consenting to uphold the standards outlined in the GNU GPL 3.0 Public License, but applied to a design (Not a program).

To install, I would screw the attachment onto the fan (with the 3mm part on the bottom of the stack). You can laser cut with any material you want, however, so your material thickness may be different.

Specifications will be listed within the README.

This design was made with Inkscape. Thanks to...

Read more about this resource...

marcv81

Chassis Packer
Jul 11, 2018
Look nice! Would be awesome if you had a photo of it mounted; actually I'm not sure I understand your installation instructions. The C7 is always a bit tricky as the fan clips in and does not have screw holes.

I have not tried but the spacing between the mounting holes should make it compatible with many other 92mm fans than the C7. The M5 holes might lead to a bit of play with some fans though; the usual size is M3. But nothing that can't be worked around easily.

The wall thickness between the screw holes and the air hole is around 1mm. This is likely a bit too thin and might break prematurely, especially if under the pressure of screws. I wouldn't go under 2-3mm, but I haven't printed your model to get a feel for it so I don't know for sure. Let us know your thoughts about this. And again, please post photos if you can.

el01

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jun 4, 2018
Look nice! Would be awesome if you had a photo of it mounted; actually I'm not sure I understand your installation instructions. The C7 is always a bit tricky as the fan clips in and does not have screw holes.

I have not tried but the spacing between the mounting holes should make it compatible with many other 92mm fans than the C7. The M5 holes might lead to a bit of play with some fans though; the usual size is M3. But nothing that can't be worked around easily.

The wall thickness between the screw holes and the air hole is around 1mm. This is likely a bit too thin and might break prematurely, especially if under the pressure of screws. I wouldn't go under 2-3mm, but I haven't printed your model to get a feel for it so I don't know for sure. Let us know your thoughts about this. And again, please post photos if you can.

I'm waiting for @deadline to show me his results to update the design. I might even get photos.