Concept 92mm Distro Plate with DDC Pump and Reservoir

Da_Korn

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 30, 2019
Hello SFF Commmunity.
I always wanted to have a Distro Plate like EK´s Quantum FLT 120 but smaller, since the 120mm version wont fit at the back of an Ncase M1, NR200, etc.
So I designed one, I actually have three different 3D models for this, but the last one I put in the most work and time.
The overall dimensions are 92mm X 92mm X 20mm without the DDC Pump and/or Fittings. The front plate is 15mm thick, the one on the back is 5mm.
For this design the two Plates are kept together with M3x20 and M3x10 screws. the DDC Pump is mounted via four M4x25 screws and the Plate can be mouted on the Case with M3 screws, length depends on the thickness of the Case. The Distroplate has two Output Ports and three Inputs. The top Input is purposed to be the Fill port..

Here are some Pictures

Front View:

Back View:

Back View orthagonal:

Back View orthagonal only Plate and O-Ring:

I´m currently making a Prototype to Check that everything is working as intended.

What do you guys think? Do you have any suggestions to improvements for my design.
Is there anyone who would also have such a distroplate?

Paragon

Chassis Packer
Jan 10, 2021
I think this would be pretty sweet since it lets you use a better-performing CPU cooler instead of something like the Barrow Pump/Res and Aquanaut. I took apart the water cooling in my M1 but I was wondering if tube routing was going to be a problem with a 240 side rad.

Reactions: Da_Korn

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Do you have any suggestions to improvements for my design.
  • If this were to be mounted at the back of the case like the Iceman res, shouldn't the G1/4 holes be on the opposite side?
  • And I'd suggest to change all the screws to M4, much sturdier and stronger than M3

Reactions: rfarmer

Paragon

Chassis Packer
Jan 10, 2021
  • If this were to be mounted at the back of the case like the Iceman res, shouldn't the G1/4 holes be on the opposite side?
  • And I'd suggest to change all the screws to M4, much sturdier and stronger than M3
I think the goal is the mount the distro plate on the inside where people usually place a 92mm fan. I think you should have enough space if you push any side radiators all the way to the front. As for M3 vs M4, I think M3 is more than enough, bicycle parts are held together by M3 screws.

Reactions: Da_Korn

Da_Korn

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 30, 2019
I think the goal is the mount the distro plate on the inside where people usually place a 92mm fan. I think you should have enough space if you push any side radiators all the way to the front. As for M3 vs M4, I think M3 is more than enough, bicycle parts are held together by M3 screws.
thanks man. Absolutely right. I designed it for Case applications with no side radiator. For aesthetic reasons. I want to see my components and use a Pump distro that also looks good. If you have a side mounted rad, I think you dont care about how the CPU cooler or RAM RGB looks.
In my case I´m using the distro block in the Metalfish S5 Case with one 240 on the bottom and a dual 92mm on the top.
I´ve tried to design it with the use of m4 screws, but the 92x92mm footprint doesnt allow it, otherwise the channels wouldn´t be as wide as they are now. also the distances between the screws are small, everything should work fine.

Da_Korn

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 30, 2019
Hello people,
I´ve got an Update of the custom mini Distro Plate. I managed to make the design real, so me and a colleague cnc milled it out of some acrylic panels.
fisrt picture after mounting both plates:

I used 1,8mm NBR rubber O-ring, which I cut and glued the right length together.
First Test wasn´t that great. It leaked,
I tried several times to glue the rubber seal tightly and to get the whole assebly tight. I didn´t work.

The mistake was that the 5mm backplate flexes to much against the O-ring seal, when it´s screwed in.

Then I had an idea. I applied a one component silicone layer between the plates and pressed them together. This time it worked

So if you want to design your own distro plate or something similar, remember to make both plates just as robust that the plates do not buckle or bend due to the seal

Final results:

what do you think about the finished plate?