Stalled ~7L console-style case concept (and possible future NCASE product)

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Ok, so all in all we're just not going to see this design on the market, or?
Perhaps if i feel like picking it up again. Sorry if that's nebulous answer, but I have to be personally interested in a particular design to want to commit a lot of time and energy into it.

There are toes to be avoided for Necere, so I'd say no, unless he sufficiently differentiates the design... to the level the two cases are not directly competing...
I have brought this up with w360, and he's less concerned with the products he manages competing with eachother as he is in achieving greater sales volume in order to be able get bigger production orders. Because right now, the factories and suppliers he approaches are basically brushing him off when he comes to them with a production inquiry for a part order quantity in the hundreds or low thousands. These guys all want order counts in the tens to hundreds of thousands, which isn't feasible at the current sales volumes.

@Necere
Can you please share your 3D models if you are not intending to proceed further?
It might help fellow designers to make one on their own...
Problem is they're not really close to being finished, and probably not that useful because of it. It's not uncommon to totally restructure the chassis at least once during development, and this never made it that far.

I'd suggest reading through Aibohphobia's STX160 project log for some of the finer details of sheet metal design. Also check out the guides in the resource section.

ashrafmmahdy

Caliper Novice
Jul 26, 2017
Shelved, at least partly because of the lack of flexATX power supply options on the market. I suppose I could revisit it now that Silverstone has a 350W model out, though w360 is further along with his design now.
noononononononono dont shelf it :D i have a design based on the ps4 looks and flex atx :D the geeek
a30 case makers offer custom made modular flex atx PSUs that I think go up to 500-600 watts
for like 70$ thats cheap AF :D

https://www.geeekstore.com/shop/custom-flex-atx-modular-psu/

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I will reconsider this in the future. At the moment though I'm working on something else.

Reactions: Phuncz

TheXyDro

Case Bender
New User
Oct 3, 2019
At the time of that post I was working on something which turned out not to make very much sense, so I am no longer working on it.

Damn, just found this through a search for Console styled cases. Pity it hasn't been made yet.
Will this ever be made? Because, I like this one very much even after all the designs I've seen (including Sentry 2.0).

Reactions: wipefox