Stalled ~7L console-style case concept (and possible future NCASE product)

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
In case you guys wondering how the new case compares to the M1 and A4.

From left to right:
NCASE M1 chassis black
DAN A4 variant chassis black
NCASE LRPC concept silver
LUKOS (same as Alienware 17R4 laptop monitor), 17.3" TN 2560x2160@1440HZ 99% sRGB
LUKOS (same as Alienware 17R4 laptop monitor), 17.3" IPS, 4K (3840x2160@60HZ) 99% AdobeRGB monitor
WALLYE Tactik Duffle

Reactions: br3nd0

masteraleph

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 28, 2017
Every time you show us more, I'm more excited.

BTW- with the fan bracket + 15mm fans installed (figure Noctua A12x15), what is the maximum clearance for a CPU heatsink?

Reactions: br3nd0

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Every time you show us more, I'm more excited.

BTW- with the fan bracket + 15mm fans installed (figure Noctua A12x15), what is the maximum clearance for a CPU heatsink?

CPU cooler clearance is 48mm.

I designed it to fit the Noctua L9I, and Kmpkt upcoming cooler.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Latest from G-Unique (guryhwa)

water cooling...lol. sure why not

Zotac GTX 1080 / 1080 TI

Nvidia Titan

It's almost irresponsible to install such high-end components. That's not going to stop people though :cool:

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

I'm getting controversial feedback. I was going for a retrro look, but people are split on the look.

Can I get some feedback on the look?

Last edited:
Reactions: Biowarejak

masteraleph

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 28, 2017
I like it overall, though I really liked the wood finish you were kicking around before. Not in love with the way the button looks, and the rendering of the red/blue makes a little weird, but there is something to it.

Other thoughts-
Looks like you dropped the VESA mount from the bottom/side, or would that still be an option?
Would it be stable enough to stand on its own? I'd think it would need a stand of some kind.
Does the GPU get enough air with the window over it? I'd think it would have issues with warm air from the CPU.
When you say PSU certification- you're talking about safety approval? Efficiency rating? Both?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I like it overall, though I really liked the wood finish you were kicking around before. Not in love with the way the button looks, and the rendering of the red/blue makes a little weird, but there is something to it.

I had a convo with @Necere about minimal design vs identity. Basically, it's hard to design something minimal that still has identity. When someone sees the product, they know it's from the same tree.

I tried to make the case look less generic, but now it's controversial.

Other thoughts-
Looks like you dropped the VESA mount from the bottom/side, or would that still be an option?
Would it be stable enough to stand on its own? I'd think it would need a stand of some kind.
Does the GPU get enough air with the window over it? I'd think it would have issues with warm air from the CPU.
When you say PSU certification- you're talking about safety approval? Efficiency rating? Both?

I didn't drop VESA support, it's there, the back flat panel can be exchanged with one with VESA holes.

It will need a stand, it's 340x284x72mm wide, so it's thin and tall.

The window version is really for GTX 1070 + 65W CPU. For high end components, there is a *4 fan version (shown previously).

The case supports two 60x25mm fans (Noctua) on both left and right side for exhaust. So with four 120x15mm fan and more exhaust fans, it should be fine. I will post temperatures when my ASRock X299 ITX get here ;)

The power supply is a slightly modded HP unit (certified by default), we need to make sure it gets the right certifications so people can buy it with the case.

Last edited:

raymondo

Trash Compacter
Mar 2, 2015
I like it very much indeed except for the big window on top. Do you plan tempered glass or some kind of acrylic? Anyways, wouldn't holes be cheaper and sturdier despite of maybe not looking thaaat fancy.?