Log 6L Vintage Radio FULL SLEEPER build featuring the GE Superadio II 7-2885 F

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
Love the way you used the EK bracket, genius! Might be just the trick I need for further-tinifying my X300 STX! ;)

FreshGnar

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Sep 23, 2020

FreshGnar

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Sep 23, 2020
Really impressed with your solution to the cpu cooler, but have you seen the IS-30K? Might be a quieter alternative, although it's 30mm as opposed to your very slick 25
Thanks! I have considered this cooler.
Judging by the photos on their site it would be cutting it awfully close (looks like its as tall/taller than the wifi ports).

Even if it did fit, it would sit very close to the back panel potentially generating some whirring sounds. Also given the fan's location, I would probably have to cut some more slots in the back panel for airflow and I like that the dell cooler will work with the current vent slots.

Lastly, I've already thrown too much money at this endeavor 😂 so I think I'm just gonna run with this dell cooler since I know it checks all the boxes.

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
Thanks! I have considered this cooler.
Judging by the photos on their site it would be cutting it awfully close (looks like its as tall/taller than the wifi ports).

Even if it did fit, it would sit very close to the back panel potentially generating some whirring sounds. Also given the fan's location, I would probably have to cut some more slots in the back panel for airflow and I like that the dell cooler will work with the current vent slots.

Lastly, I've already thrown too much money at this endeavor 😂 so I think I'm just gonna run with this dell cooler since I know it checks all the boxes.
Yeah that's gonna be hell for turbulence! Although I wonder which is worse... turbulence with a 2500rpm fan, or the noise of a 5500+ rpm fan ? :p