Log Hibernation - SFF sleeper build

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jun 22, 2018
When I think of something hibernating, I think of a warm toasty sleeper. Thats what I'm working on here.

Its a 2000w space heater, looks relatively old but in pretty good nick.

The back is just asking for a hole to be cut for an IO shield and GPU bracket.

Flipping it over I got a lot of screws to go.

Heater element and front guard (more screws)

Guts being removed

Importantly the measurements (340 x 190 x 100 mm's) that's a good size at just under 6.5L

I might need to move the front grill forward to get a board in, something like this

Here she is with a helper to remind you what she looks like

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Just an idea: With a folded riser cable (like in my MID2 or the Velka) you could probably get something more powerful in there (GPU flipped 90 degrees and put it under or over the motherboard). For powering the build you could use the Archdemon and BRICKMOD I've send you some time ago.

Sure, this would be challenging but pretty awesome. :)

Last edited:

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jun 22, 2018
Just an idea: With a folded riser cable (like in my MID2 or the Velka) you could probably get something more powerful in there (GPU flipped 90 degrees and put it under or over the motherboard). For powering the build you could use the Archdemon and BRICKMOD I've send you some time ago.

Sure, this would be challenging but pretty awesome. :)
I have a PIO motherboard I am thinking of using, as it means I can get away without using a riser. Technically I could get a GPU with up to a 6pin power, so I think that's a 1660 / 1660ti. An upgraded GPU is on my coentplation list as i'm using a 9500T in the socket and ~200W PSU, so I hope a refreshed 1660ti is on the cards at some point in the future. Until then, I will stick with a 1650 I have in my parts bin.

Edit: I'm limited in GPU length to ~180mm, so that rules a lot of cards out that could use that sort of power too.

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jun 22, 2018
Made some progress so here are some more shots:

Everything laid out:

Another angle:

Current Specs
  • I5-9500T
  • GTX 1650
  • PIO motherboard (power via 240W laptop charger in rear IO)
  • 1TB Crucial SSD
  • 32gb of DDR4
  • Pair of Nocuta 92mm Fans (Slightly mangled from previous modding)
Printed a new IO backplate before breaking my printer - Eeek

Doesn't she look nice!

Testing some WC components