Log 678 Case APU Build

Mark13

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Sep 5, 2020
Well I finally got components of my first APU build in my 678 case to work after replacing the PSU, CPU, MB, & RAM.
Instead of a Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX, I went with a x570 MB - GIGABYTE X570 I AORUS Pro Wi-Fi
For a PSU I went with a EVGA SuperNOVA 450 GM, 80 Plus Gold 450W, Fully Modular, ECO Mode with DBB Fan - much smaller than the fanless Silverstone SST-NJ450-SXL I originally chose that died after 1.5 seconds. The EVGA is a much better fit in this under 7 liter case & has yet to start turning after the initial 1/2 second spin when booting up. Nice they include a little tool to confirm PSU is working.
Went with Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x16GB 3200MHz Memory instead of Crucial Ballistic 32GB DDR4 3200 Memory
As I now have 2 NVMe slots I added a second Samsung 1TB NVME970 Evo Plus (This was the only electronic part I managed to get working from the original build.) Have PCIe to M.2 NVMe Adapter for 3rd NVMe drive if I need it.
Using a Noctua L9a-AM4 with NF-A9x25 PWM Fan
With no GPU a Noctua NF-A12x25 was installed in its place with zip ties - just have to get black ties - easier to see the white ties in the photos
Kingston USB3 SD Card Reader for photo importing

I really like the 678 Case. I realize its very industrial open air style is not for everyone. Solid thick steel. Very clever top panel pattern for PSU fan.
I prefer the horizontal MB & boxy style case. It takes up less desk area than my 14" laptop. 678cases.com website has been down for several days.

Imgur links to the photos I uploaded:

• Wow
Reactions: wesbl