Log 4.3l RYZEN BUILD

NegativeONE

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Apr 8, 2022
Hi all, built the little 4.3L machine and it runs hot :) just like its older brother the 5800x.

Build is a A39 Case, R5 5600 CPU, Asrock b550 MB, Kingston Rage 3200 DDR4, 1650 Super, Noctua NH-l9a cooler and a Enhance 600w PSU. Not much more i can put in this one, its quite packed.

I ran the multi core stress test and it reached temps of 88deg, which i suspect is from the sides, small CPU fan and maybe a gap between the cooler, so might try some of that foam tape used for drafts as i have some of that and if it works its a cheap mod. Also did a negative PBO curve of 20, which i thought would do something, but not sure it did.

tried this yesterday and think with the sides off it runs cooler, but need to check it.

One last thing, with windows it wants to sign in continually, even when going to netplwiz (which doesnt have ability to remove sign in tick box maybe as i havent registered windows yet).

]

Reactions: AlexTSG and rfarmer

NegativeONE

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Apr 8, 2022
Not familiar with the case? Have any shots of the components inside 4.3L .... that's tiny.
Only the 2 in the 4 pics, i think that case might be its own worse enemy. I think those side panels need better ventilation

The case is from Aliexpress, it looks very similar to the K39.

Runamok81

Runner of Moks
Jul 27, 2015
troywitthoeft.com
Only the 2 in the 4 pics, i think that case might be its own worse enemy. I think those side panels need better ventilation

The case is from Aliexpress, it looks very similar to the K39.
Oh, I didn't see the case pics in the album. That helps, thanks. Oh yeah, those side panels don't look very "breathe-able" ....

I am currently building in the Densium 4L case that is similar, but they thankfully have much more open side panels.

Nervous about jamming 5800X3D and GPU in there, but prepared to undervolt and throw fans at it.

NegativeONE

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Apr 8, 2022
Oh, I didn't see the case pics in the album. That helps, thanks. Oh yeah, those side panels don't look very "breathe-able" ....

I am currently building in the Densium 4L case that is similar, but they thankfully have much more open side panels.

Nervous about jamming 5800X3D and GPU in there, but prepared to undervolt and throw fans at it.
oh yeah, they look neat the densium, i bought the PSU off them. My only conerns with the website was it was always saying sold out, unavailable etc, but i sent them a message and the repsonded. I'd be interested in that molten lava powered CPU in something with limited cooling ability :) whats the GPU?

NegativeONE

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Apr 8, 2022
Air flow seems to be an issue in this little machine, i took one side panel off and the temps dropped 8 degrees. Would be cool if there was a slightly bigger case with an allowance for 40 or 60mm fans top and bottom just to get that circulation.

Runamok81

Runner of Moks
Jul 27, 2015
troywitthoeft.com
oh yeah, they look neat the densium, i bought the PSU off them. My only conerns with the website was it was always saying sold out, unavailable etc, but i sent them a message and the repsonded. I'd be interested in that molten lava powered CPU in something with limited cooling ability :) whats the GPU?
GPU is a noctua modified A4000 (UV'd 3070Ti). Cool and quiet. More info = https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...-palit-stormx-3060ti-itx-edition.17033/page-5

Yeah, not looking good for the 5800X3D. Even on an openbench AND undervolted, I am throttling in cinebench when trying to cool it with just a noctua L9A. Will have to keep tweaking my UV, increase cooling, or swap to 5600X.

NegativeONE

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Apr 8, 2022
GPU is a noctua modified A4000 (UV'd 3070Ti). Cool and quiet. More info = https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...-palit-stormx-3060ti-itx-edition.17033/page-5

Yeah, not looking good for the 5800X3D. Even on an openbench AND undervolted, I am throttling in cinebench when trying to cool it with just a noctua L9A. Will have to keep tweaking my UV, increase cooling, or swap to 5600X.
yeah cool i was checking out that thread orginally, the A4000 mod looks quite cool, just a little expensive for me in AU to try.

Im not 100% sure what to do with an undervolt, i thought you would use ryzen master to get the values you need, but last time i tried that on my NR200/5800X build CB20 would fail as it got over 85deg. On this one i set a neg PBO curve, took a side panel off and it hit 80deg and dropped down 8 degress from when i posted this screen shot, also got a higher score by 400pts