Log 3d printed case

junaling

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jun 11, 2020
hi all,

Just finished, after a few spools prototyping, all plastic pieces are printed with ABS and held together with threaded rods, I'm triple booting so I need room for at least 2 SSDs, one OS on the NVME, this case can accommodate 3, inspired by the mjolnir case.

3d printed Mini ITX case

Specs:
9.6 litres
3 SSDs
1 90mm slim fan (14mm)

My build components:
Ryzen 3600
MSI 450i
MSI RX570 8GB
Sandisk SSD
Patriot SSD
WD Black NVME
16GB GSkill Ripjaws V
Corsair SF600
Noctua NH-L9a (replaced fan with BE QUIET! Pure Wings 2 92mm PWM, BL038)
Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM (from CPU cooler)
Phanteks PH-CBRS_FL30 – 300mm Pci-E X16 Riser Cable

cheers,
JuNaling

Lallo

Trash Compacter
Jun 1, 2018
Cool build! How durable is a case like this? I see that it is built in ABS plastic but since I don't have an 3D printer myself I can't imagine how that transfer to real world durability.

carthagenine

Efficiency Noob
Jul 29, 2020
Great looking case. Did you manually measure all the components dimension? Seems it'll be fun to try designing your own case.

jmarin

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 8, 2018
I love the creativity of the design of the chassis. Very cool. Did you print the outside yourself or use a service? And if you did it yourself, what printer did you use and what settings? I imagine that took quite a while to print given the size.

D4NM

Efficiency Noob
Aug 21, 2019
Super interested into knowing how rigid it is for transportation, and general thermals of the case. I have a Prusa Mk3s and would love to reproduce that. Do you envision putting the files on Thingiverse for free or would you rather sell them? Thanks.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
That's a sweet print job. The resemblance to the Mjolnir is almost uncanny, and the use of long threaded bolts is clever.

junaling

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jun 11, 2020
Cool build! How durable is a case like this? I see that it is built in ABS plastic but since I don't have an 3D printer myself I can't imagine how that transfer to real world durability.
The outer shell is 5mm thick, the internal frame is quite sturdy due to the threaded rods

junaling

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jun 11, 2020
I love the creativity of the design of the chassis. Very cool. Did you print the outside yourself or use a service? And if you did it yourself, what printer did you use and what settings? I imagine that took quite a while to print given the size.
Yes, I printed myself, I have an enclosed CR-10, used ABS at 50mm/s, I went slow as I was worried about layer shifts and ringing at the upper layers. Printed at 0.2 layer height

junaling

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jun 11, 2020
Yes, I printed myself, I have an enclosed CR-10, used ABS at 50mm/s, I went slow as I was worried about layer shifts and ringing at the upper layers. Printed at 0.2 layer height
Oh yeah, it took almost 5 days to print the outer shell !

junaling

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jun 11, 2020
Super interested into knowing how rigid it is for transportation, and general thermals of the case. I have a Prusa Mk3s and would love to reproduce that. Do you envision putting the files on Thingiverse for free or would you rather sell them? Thanks.
Files are available on etsy I just posted recently, the tallest piece is 325 sos you'll need a bigger printer :

Reactions: D4NM

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Come to think of it I have some 3D print files of my own on Cults 3D. This is making me wonder if it's a better idea to put them up on Etsy, maybe people get more traffic to there.