26.1L heifer working on a diet

Hi there. I hear about this community pretty consistently on /r/sffpc where I lurk on my H200. The H200 is my first case, and I’ve been building out of it for almost 2 years, but during that time I’ve learnt there are many cases that achieve more in terms of cooling and compatibility at a lower volume, and I’m hooked. My goal is to put my current B360 / i5 8400 in a Geeek A30 (if I can find one) with a capture card, and build a new rig in the Sidearm T1 (viral outbreaks permitting). From an engineering and visual design standpoint it feels like SFF is in a really good place right now and I’m really exited to start building!

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Welcome! You're not the only one here living in sin with an H200, though mine is the extra dumb version with an i on the end (I needed a fan controller at the time I bought it, though I'm tired enough of NZXT CAM that I'm replacing it with an Aquacomputer Quadro at the first opportunity). Drooling over cases much smaller than what I have is one of my main hobbies on these forums, so you're not alone there :p

Reactions: Odd_Fox

Odd_Fox

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Feb 8, 2020
Welcome! You're not the only one here living in sin with an H200, though mine is the extra dumb version with an i on the end (I needed a fan controller at the time I bought it, though I'm tired enough of NZXT CAM that I'm replacing it with an Aquacomputer Quadro at the first opportunity). Drooling over cases much smaller than what I have is one of my main hobbies on these forums, so you're not alone there :p
Well met Valantar! Is it just me or is the H200 the mainstream gateway to true SFF? Also I have heard quite a lot about CAM providing a constant stream of user data to NZXT, but then I also hear it’s slick and easy to use. I’m sure the Aquacomputer will be a big step up. Planning on stepping into custom loop anytime soon? I used to drool over tight H200/210 loops all the time ?

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Well met Valantar! Is it just me or is the H200 the mainstream gateway to true SFF? Also I have heard quite a lot about CAM providing a constant stream of user data to NZXT, but then I also hear it’s slick and easy to use. I’m sure the Aquacomputer will be a big step up. Planning on stepping into custom loop anytime soon? I used to drool over tight H200/210 loops all the time ?
I already have a custom loop, that was why I needed a fan controller ;) (I don't have many pics of the build, but I recently posted one here: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...dedicated-case-from-9-to-14l.7011/post-184385)

I think you have a point about the H200 being a sort of gateway to SFF, though I also think it replaced previous options like the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX - which was what I was considering until the H200i showed up (I didn't really want the Phanteks due to its reputation for horrendous airflow and subsequent need to mod the case). The H200 was the best available compromise to fit the parts I already owned (ATX PSU, 240+120mm rads, small pump+res combo), though it still has a lot of wasted space. There have since been launched far smaller semi-mainsteram SFF cases from the likes of Lian Li and InWin since, though they are also a lot more limited in terms of radiator support etc.

I think I've read about CAM harvesting data, but IIRC it was discovered that this (as many such cases turn out to be) was way overblown. I'm tired of it mainly due to instability, a poorly thought out and inflexible UI, lack of configuration options, as well as it being rather poorly suited to custom loops - no support for temperature sensors or understanding that both CPU and GPU might affect temperatures, etc. The Quadro and AquaSuite software should alleviate all of that and more.

Even if I'm not really happy with the case I doubt I'll be getting a new one any time soon - it's not that bad, and I have other projects with more need of my relatively limited funds. Though in the end I wouldn't be surprised if I end up with some sort of custom case along the lines of the one seen in the thread where I posted my build :)

Reactions: Odd_Fox

Odd_Fox

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Feb 8, 2020
I already have a custom loop, that was why I needed a fan controller ;) (I don't have many pics of the build, but I recently posted one here: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...dedicated-case-from-9-to-14l.7011/post-184385)

I think you have a point about the H200 being a sort of gateway to SFF, though I also think it replaced previous options like the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX - which was what I was considering until the H200i showed up (I didn't really want the Phanteks due to its reputation for horrendous airflow and subsequent need to mod the case). The H200 was the best available compromise to fit the parts I already owned (ATX PSU, 240+120mm rads, small pump+res combo), though it still has a lot of wasted space. There have since been launched far smaller semi-mainsteram SFF cases from the likes of Lian Li and InWin since, though they are also a lot more limited in terms of radiator support etc.

I think I've read about CAM harvesting data, but IIRC it was discovered that this (as many such cases turn out to be) was way overblown. I'm tired of it mainly due to instability, a poorly thought out and inflexible UI, lack of configuration options, as well as it being rather poorly suited to custom loops - no support for temperature sensors or understanding that both CPU and GPU might affect temperatures, etc. The Quadro and AquaSuite software should alleviate all of that and more.

Even if I'm not really happy with the case I doubt I'll be getting a new one any time soon - it's not that bad, and I have other projects with more need of my relatively limited funds. Though in the end I wouldn't be surprised if I end up with some sort of custom case along the lines of the one seen in the thread where I posted my build :)
Something about your build reminds me of Lunch’s Dune, must be the piping!