Hello!

Hey there!

Just joined the forum but have been lurking for a while. I've been building PCs for about 5 years and have thought to myself time and time again -- man, these cases suck at utilizing space! There's been a lot of empty room in the cases I've used, and have made a gradual shift from mid towers to micro ATX builds, but I'm still not satisfied... So my mind was blown when I found this whole community of exactly what I've desired.

The time has also come for me to make the most portable system possible! I'm going to go to college soon, and would most definitely like to be able to transport my computer from the dorms to home when I'm on breaks so I can keep playing games. My current rig is a Corsair Crystal 280x -- and while pretty, it's a giant, heavy glass box that I would NOT like to ship back and forth between two states...

I'm lurking mostly in the T1 threads since that's the case I primarily want, but there is also a strong desire to do a dual radiator build with my 3080 and 3900x in an M1 or something.

Other than PCs, I'm very open to anything else tech and gaming. I own Nintendo consoles, Playstation ones, and keep up with smartphone tech.

Nice to meet you all!

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Hey there!

Just joined the forum but have been lurking for a while. I've been building PCs for about 5 years and have thought to myself time and time again -- man, these cases suck at utilizing space! There's been a lot of empty room in the cases I've used, and have made a gradual shift from mid towers to micro ATX builds, but I'm still not satisfied... So my mind was blown when I found this whole community of exactly what I've desired.

The time has also come for me to make the most portable system possible! I'm going to go to college soon, and would most definitely like to be able to transport my computer from the dorms to home when I'm on breaks so I can keep playing games. My current rig is a Corsair Crystal 280x -- and while pretty, it's a giant, heavy glass box that I would NOT like to ship back and forth between two states...

I'm lurking mostly in the T1 threads since that's the case I primarily want, but there is also a strong desire to do a dual radiator build with my 3080 and 3900x in an M1 or something.

Other than PCs, I'm very open to anything else tech and gaming. I own Nintendo consoles, Playstation ones, and keep up with smartphone tech.

Nice to meet you all!

I'm not sure whether dual radiators capable of cooling 3080 + 3900x will fit in M1 without any modification or having some components dangling outside, but I might be wrong here.

In any case (pun fully intended), welcome aboard @Kirbycatcher!

Reactions: Phuncz

Kirbycatcher

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Jan 12, 2021
I'm not sure whether dual radiators capable of cooling 3080 + 3900x will fit in M1 without any modification or having some components dangling outside, but I might be wrong here.

In any case (pun fully intended), welcome aboard @Kirbycatcher!
I think it should? The inspiration was Optimum Tech's 5900x + 3090 dual rad loop in the Ncase M1, alongside my very hot 3080 card.