2 x 120 mm AIOs in an A4 is it possible?

NotAnAnimal

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Feb 5, 2020
Hello!

I'm currently working on cramming 2x120 AIOs in my A4 v3.
I was curious if anyone has tried something like that before?

The setup will be (for now):
Strix z290i
6700k w. Corsair H55 w. NF-F12 PWM Chromax
16 GB TridentZ RGB 3200
Gigabyte 1080 mini ITX w. 120 mm AIO from an EVGA 1070 Hybrid w. NF-F12 PWM Chromax
Corsair SF600, but if this works well, I'll go for a G-unique unit.

My plan is to install them in front of eachother with flow from CPU side to GPU side in a fan-rad-fan-rad config.

Any thoughts?

Best Regards,
Anders

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Could work just try it :) You can buy a second AIO bracket on OverclockersUK.

NotAnAnimal

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Feb 5, 2020
Well, I already has it installed loosely. Still a lot of different ways to do this.
I have ordered the second AIO bracket and are currently waiting patiently for it to arrive.
It seems to work pretty well. I have decent temps without sidepanels tho.
Here's some pictures of the current state.

NotAnAnimal

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Feb 5, 2020
Well, now it is build :)
I have dropped the idea of the G-unique brick for now, and just routed the cables out the back of the case and running the SF600 as external.
My temps are good, but I also use undervolting on both GPU and CPU.
GPU running 2000 MHz @ 0.950 V
And the 6700K is offset with -200 mV @ 4,2 GHz on all cores.
After a gaming session in BFV for half an hour the temps saturates at ~60°C on both CPU and GPU.
I am very happy :)

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
@NotAnAnimal great build man! This was my dream a couple of years back, stacking dual 120AIO in this case but now I just settle for aircooling :)

@element72 there's literally no space left for a standard SFX. With a HDPlex combo he might have been able to keep the DC-ATX inside, situated just above the GPU but then there's still the AC-DC piece which has to be external

element72

Average Stuffer
Oct 7, 2018
@element72 there's literally no space left for a standard SFX. With a HDPlex combo he might have been able to keep the DC-ATX inside, situated just above the GPU but then there's still the AC-DC piece which has to be external
maybe flex atx can work at the top, or fan at the top instead, somehow (i dn't know).

NotAnAnimal

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Feb 5, 2020
u did it? mission accomplished? the psu is on the outside though :eek:
Yes! Mission accomplished. The compromise ended up being with the SF600 external.

@NotAnAnimal great build man! This was my dream a couple of years back, stacking dual 120AIO in this case but now I just settle for aircooling :)
Thanks man! :)
Cool! How is that working out on that 3900X? I might opt for a Ryzen build in the A4 later this year, but I'm not sure how to cool it. My 6700k has been a complete bitch to cool with air :(

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Idk how I managed to fit my reply into your quote :)

Just need to edit your message out of the QUOTE block hahaha. I'm running the 3900X in Eco mode so it cools just fine, 50-54C at idle (my ambient is 31-33C). I don't do anything CPU intensive - only gaming, web browsing and Android emulator, so it's all good. Moving soon to a Ghost-clone though for more airflow :)