120x25 fans

themarine1147

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jul 22, 2019
Good day guys
I am trying to buy a graphic card in two weeks
but I do have a question about its size
If I am gonna put two 120x25 fans under GPU, What is the maximum width of the GPU?
Thank you

Last edited:

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Maximum thickness is two slots (40 +/- 2mm, depending how it's measured).

leetee

What's an ITX?
Aug 12, 2019
Maximum thickness is two slots (40 +/- 2mm, depending how it's measured).

is 42mm the absolute maximum or is there enough leeway to fit in a couple extra mm? The GPU i'm looking at is 46mm, just shy of the max thickness.

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
You can fit 0
is 42mm the absolute maximum or is there enough leeway to fit in a couple extra mm? The GPU i'm looking at is 46mm, just shy of the max thickness.
You can fit bigger ons but you have to remove the fans of the gpu (like cards as the gigabyte Aorus and Asus rog strix) gives better cooling to and no turbelence. You have to fiddle with the fans to link them to the gpu though.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
If putting fans under GPU, is it better to use fans optimized for pressure, or air flow?
Pressure. You have restriction not only from how close they are to the GPU, but also from the limited space under the case, so you want fans that are better at pushing through restriction.

ps -ef

Caliper Novice
Jul 25, 2019
Pressure. You have restriction not only from how close they are to the GPU, but also from the limited space under the case, so you want fans that are better at pushing through restriction.

Appreciate your explanation and speedy reply :D
Have a good day!