120mm slim fan

ken

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Oct 18, 2018
Hello... I've searched and can't seem to find good information. I'd like to replace the fan on my Scythe Big Shurikan ver. B with a 15mm thick fan. Can someone point me in the right direction or recommend a high static pressure fan. The Silverstone FN123 seems like a good choice but I haven't seen any real testing. thanks in advance.

CantingSoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 2, 2018
Hello... I've searched and can't seem to find good information. I'd like to replace the fan on my Scythe Big Shurikan ver. B with a 15mm thick fan. Can someone point me in the right direction or recommend a high static pressure fan. The Silverstone FN123 seems like a good choice but I haven't seen any real testing. thanks in advance.
Noctua NF A-12x15 PWM would be a good choice.

ken

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Oct 18, 2018
I'm sure they are good... just not a fan of brown. Thank you for the suggestion.

chx

Master of Cramming
May 18, 2016
That's too often the problem: you can get something in Noctua brown or can get an inferior product in a different color.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I am using a Prolimatech PRO-USV14 140mm Ultra Sleek Vortex Fan on my Big Shuriken 2, it is 140mm but has 120mm mounting holes. Temps are 3-4C better than the stock fan and it is incredibly quiet.

NinoPecorino

Tweezer Squeezer
Platinum Supporter
Nov 24, 2017
Q1 2019 came and went and still no black version is available to my knowledge. What was the source of your info, if I may ask?

that information was from a noctua representative replying to an email or twitter inquiry. i think i saw it on reddit.

might have been

this

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
The noctua is easily the best, I actually own the majority of slim fans. The Silverstone ones aren't actually too bad, a bit louder and slightly lower performance but an easy second or third place.

Smanci

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2017
The noctua is easily the best, I actually own the majority of slim fans. The Silverstone ones aren't actually too bad, a bit louder and slightly lower performance but an easy second or third place.

Do you have the Aeolus Beta?