Concept 10.9L ATX, 17.3L EATX, dual 240mm radiator...

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
Looks like the only 5mm wood panel I can get is poplar, would that be strong enough? I don't know too much about wood, but I do know oak is supposed to be much stronger. If I went with oak though, I'd have to shave roughly 0.5mm off the entire thing...
to be honest this 0.5mm is ok, even if you got a wood that is '5mm' there is some tolerance in sheet measurements, even humidity might affect by this much. since its an exterior panel I wouldn't worry to much about it

Reactions: SeñorDonut

SeñorDonut

the
Original poster
Mar 6, 2017
to be honest this 0.5mm is ok, even if you got a wood that is '5mm' there is some tolerance in sheet measurements, even humidity might affect by this much. since its an exterior panel I wouldn't worry to much about it

Interesting, thanks! Looks like I'll be sticking to oak :D

Reactions: owliwar

SeñorDonut

the
Original poster
Mar 6, 2017

Time to pick a vent style! I'm thinking of only offering SkySlots on the aluminum upgrade in order to bring down the cost of the base model.

SeñorDonut

the
Original poster
Mar 6, 2017

Yeah, I thought it looked kind of odd. Perhaps they just need to be wider?

edit: removed confusing lines

edit2: separated the panels

Last edited:

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
you are going to make a recess with the pattern? to make the grill thinner I supose?
I'd recomend on doing the recess on the inside of the case. that line around the grill is a bit weird to me? I'm not sure if in real life it would be that visible though

I also liked the wider vents

bOcy

Chassis Packer
Mar 24, 2018
the ncase m1 just needs to be a little bit bigger then it can fit an matx motherboard with guniq psu

SeñorDonut

the
Original poster
Mar 6, 2017
the ncase m1 just needs to be a little bit bigger then it can fit an matx motherboard with guniq psu

Correct, but the M1 is already 12.6L, and I prioritize function over form. If you like the looks of the M1 better though, then by all means buy one and modify it, I'd love to see how it turns out.