0.59L Kaby Lake-G Build

chinevo

SFF Recordsman
Original poster
May 11, 2017
Emdoor unveils Kaby Lake-G mini PC

Look at the photo. I/O on the leaked motherboard and this PC are identical. I'm sure my dream motherboard is inside :)

Last edited:

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
The computer supports 65 watt Core i5 and Core i7 Kaby Lake-G processors with AMD Radeon RX Vega M graphics.

That could be a potent combo. :thumb:

Reactions: chinevo

chinevo

SFF Recordsman
Original poster
May 11, 2017
Today I've received a parcel with the copper cooler from XFX 8800 GS.
The height of cooler with the top cover is 15mm.
The height of cooler without top cover is 13mm. We can use the top panel of the case instead of the top cover of the cooler.
I'm going to clean it, change the fan and whittle down the protrusion for the memory.

chinevo

SFF Recordsman
Original poster
May 11, 2017
The big news for my project! HiGame (KabyLake-G based PC) will be launching on Indiegogo on May 29th at 7AM PDT. They will be offering 38% discount for the first 24 hours of the campaign going live - their secret perk will be limited to 200. I expect that the price for version with i5 will be around $800, i7 - $950.

PS: HiGame is the crowdfunding PC developed by Chuwi. HiGame uses a motherboard, based on wich, I want to create my 0.59L build.

chinevo

SFF Recordsman
Original poster
May 11, 2017
I've received an email from CHUWI

"Dear fans, we know that you're expecting the HiGame launch today, but I need to say sorry for all of you. We're going to use the next two weeks to finalize our product specs to ensure that we have everything 100% ready before sharing anything with you. Thanks for your supporting and keep your eyes peeled for our next email."

:( ok, I will wait two weeks

Reactions: Jello

kotproger

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 9, 2016
vk.com
The interesting part, but how can we buy it? I think Acer put this radiator into their laptops.
As far as I understand, they will be applied in new models. In due course, the spare parts will be on sale) Including these coolers.
I would have made a request to their support service. But so far I do not see the need for them)

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
If someone can make a brickless build out of this, that'd be even better! It will still likely stay in the realm of 1 liter for size.

chinevo

SFF Recordsman
Original poster
May 11, 2017
If someone can make a brickless build out of this, that'd be even better! It will still likely stay in the realm of 1 liter for size.
Nice idea, I can make it right after finishing 0.59L build. Maybe I will use the same power brick, but will put it inside slightly bigger case (~0.9L). Or maybe someone know other compact internal 19V PSU that I can use.
What is the peak power draw on this unit again?
I think 150W, but I need to research some reviews or make my own test.