Enclosure ZZAW C1 alternative?

phantommaggot

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Sep 12, 2017
Hey guys, So I came across the ZZAW C1 like... yesterday and, much to my disappointment, they don't exist anywhere. There was one on amazon that someone wanted like two hundred and fifty bucks for which was a bit outrageous IMO for a china case that was generally around sixty bucks before shipping.

Pics for attention.

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
They exist. You have to buy/import them via Taobao in China. ZZAW has an online store there. It is where I got my B6 in my sig.

There have been a few built between here and on r/sffpc

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
I've used Superbuy. Make an account, and provide them this taobao link:

An agent at Superbuy will purchase it, and get it to their warehouse, then they'll get you shipping quotes to get it overseas based on volumetric weight. Usually they overshoot a bit, to provide for any customers etc. Pricing varies, a ton, based on what the item weighs--and who the shipping service is and the speed. If you look in my ZZAW build log in my sig, I have a post specifically about Superbuy and the costs.....TL;DR the 'retail' price some people charge on Amazon for Taobao cases is roughly what the case cost plus consumer 2nd Day Air UPS international shipping costs--and anyone selling on Amazon is NOT paying consumer one-off rates for shipping.

Someone's build:

Another:

phantommaggot

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Sep 12, 2017
Awesome man, thanks!

I'll look into superbuy.
And yea, I saw those builds, they're what made me want to look for one. Also, the second guy (or his thread on hexus) and his QC complaints are what have me questioning what I'd pay for one.

As far as cost, I saw one on newegg for 165, then it went up to like 225 or so and vanished.
The one on amazon disappeared too, So I am working under the assumption it's the same seller.

Now I can see what alternatives pop up in the thread.

SpaceWolf

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 20, 2020
Here is my build with the C1, if you use Matx mobo, you can't install the 2 front fans as there is not enough space between the mobo headers and the fans.

Reactions: phantommaggot

phantommaggot

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Sep 12, 2017
Here is my build with the C1, if you use Matx mobo, you can't install the 2 front fans as there is not enough space between the mobo headers and the fans.
Looks good! Do you think slim fans would fit? What about if it was modded?
Also, what's up with those PSU cables? Those are cool as hell.
How much space do you have between the full size PSU and the glass?
Wonder if I could mount 1 3.5" drive above the PSU if I used a SFF and mounted it low... (i do have a sff currently after all, but also have a NIB evga 850 PSU in the closet)

If I end up biting the bullet and getting one of these for ~170-180 -_-, I'd probably try to mod it to hold a slim rad in the front anyways... I'd definitely mod the rear to hold the a rad with the hoses on the bottom.

phantommaggot

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Sep 12, 2017
Quick update for anyone that was looking for a ZZAW C1
They're coming direct form manufacturer on newegg Right now for ~$150

I sucked it up and nabbed one.. We'll see how it goes.