Production ZS Cases - A4 V3.2 8.4L - Minor Update

owlP

Cable Smoosher
Nov 19, 2021
I also asked ZS support some questions, thought I'd share the answers here.

- You have mentioned multiple times that you guys want to ship the case disassembled in a flat form. Is this going to happen anytime soon?
Unfortunately it is not going to happen with this case.

- The PCI-e cable you offer is 3.0, and the 4.0 versions cause interference with the 15mm fan spot. Are there any solutions for this problem?
We do not offer PCIE 4.0 for the ZS A4 V3.2 case. 3.0 riser cable should not interfere with the 15mm fan as we have increase the height of the case in A4 V3.2 version.

- Are there other changes in the case design coming anytime soon, or do you feel like this is the final product?
This should be the final product, we do not have updates planned atm.

- I see you do not offer custom cables anymore. Is this coming back?
No custom cable is not available anymore
thats a pitty...

as for custom cables i can advise formul mod from aliexpress, they are pretty good for my corsair sf600 https://aliexpress.ru/item/4000695476420.html
u can check photos in reviews

phishie

Efficiency Noob
Feb 9, 2022
I see the differences between the 4.0 and 3.0 cables with the extra PCB but don't quite understand how that affects the fan size.

I will be trying to build with v3.2 and the LINKUP 4.0 cable (here: )

Trying to anticipate if I can still use a 15mm fan or need to use a 12mm fan. Would me switching from Noctua to Scythe.

phishie

Efficiency Noob
Feb 9, 2022
I'm also trying to understand how big of a fan can be installed above the PSU in the "upside down" configuration.

In the normal configuration ZS states a 120mm x 25mm fan can go below the PSU, but does not specify if that same 25mm fan can go above the PSU in the "upside down" configuration. I only see other's builds with 15mm fans there, does anyone know?

owlP

Cable Smoosher
Nov 19, 2021
I'm also trying to understand how big of a fan can be installed above the PSU in the "upside down" configuration.

In the normal configuration ZS states a 120mm x 25mm fan can go below the PSU, but does not specify if that same 25mm fan can go above the PSU in the "upside down" configuration. I only see other's builds with 15mm fans there, does anyone know?
yep u can install 25mm fan there, but you need to have soft cables or or squeeze them very strong, it can be unpossibe with some sort of cables so it will be simpler to just install 15mm fan

Zenjol

Efficiency Noob
Feb 7, 2022
s with the extra PCB but don't quite understand how that affects the fan size.

I will be trying to build with v3.2 and the LINKUP 4.0 cable (here:
I shopped an image of the new PCI-e 4.0 riser PCB in comparison to how the 3.0 version is mounted in the case:
The outer screw holes are what mounts it to the spine. The PCB will now stick out higher than the spine. This is where you impede the 15 mm thickness of the fan, that goes on top of this part.

If you've seen this image, the closeup images in the posts of shadww should make sense to you:
I am using ADT 4.0 Riser Cable.

It feels like 3.0-3.5mm height increase (which might limit fan to <= 12mm as you said).

Putting a 15mm fan in there led to the top panel, while still being shut and hold by magnets, to pop-up and rise a bit.

A 12mm fan (like ones from scythe might be better but dont have any)..... however still I wish to have them as top exhaust, which mean I need to add fan grills making it difficult to use with this clearance.... (will give it a try once I get some equips, but it doesn't look promising..)

@peacecraft_M

Yes. I had to flip it because the height of the gpu (De-shrouded Red Devil 6700XT) the power cables wont allow the panel to close (can of be solved by a 90 or better 180 degree adapter).

I ordered from toabao, this is the link: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.230f2e8dRuNRfJ&id=561003619490&_u=o208rh5bmv6bec

(check the images for model number, length was 19.5 cm)

@guniens I am using ZS A4 V3.2
I am waiting for other components to arrive. Once I have time to work on the case again I will try to get some pictures. However I can give some quick top view pics took earlier.

Zenjol

Efficiency Noob
Feb 7, 2022
So I ordered the ZS A4 V3.2 with PCI-e 3.0 riser on 10 feb. Shipping to The Netherlands was a lot faster than expected. Also got lucky with customs, because I should be paying 21% VAT but didn't receive any additional charge.

Timeline:
  • Thursday 10 feb ordered
  • Sunday 13 feb shipment info sent to FedEx
  • Thursday 17 feb left origin FedEx facility (Hongkong)
  • Friday 18 feb arrived in FedEx hub Belgium
  • Sunday 20 feb arrived in destination facility Netherlands
  • Monday 21 feb arrived at my door
First impressions are really good. The thick aluminum and overall finish really give it a premium look and feel, exactly what I was looking for.

Here is some pictures I took when unpacking:

Will be building as soon as everything is here, so will probably take some weeks until it's finished. If anyone has any requests on anything I should measure/photograph for you while it's still being worked on, DM me.

Some more info on the build I am planning for anyone interested:
There is a Thermalright AXP90-X53 Full Black coming this way (+ LGA1700 bracket). That will probably arrive in 1-2 weeks, because it was only available on AliExpress. Will be ordering custom cables from Endgame Customs, which will take the longest I guess, still debating all black or maybe some gradient from black to light gray.

Ordering the rest of the build as late as possible, because pricing and availability of LGA1700 motherboards and DDR5 kits is getting better by the day. Also won't be purchasing a new GPU because of the crazy prices, Gigabyte GTX 1070 is going to be coming from my current PC for the time being.

Still not sure what combo to choose, since DDR5 prices are insane, but I am not in love with the Gigabyte option, and with it being slightly more expensive and having only one M.2 slot (???) forcing me to jump straight to fast 2TB, it's not that cheap of an option.
  • Intel Core i5 12500 (€ 225)
  • ASUS ROG Strix B660-I Gaming WiFi (€ 201)
  • Kingston Fury Beast 2x16GB 4800MHz C38 (€ 279)
  • 1TB SSD tbd (€ 100-140)
VS:
  • Intel Core i5 12500 (€ 225)
  • Gigabyte B660I AORUS PRO DDR4 (€ 229)
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x16GB 3200MHz C16 (€ 119)
  • Gigabyte AORUS Gen4 2TB (€ 229)
Also don't like the fact that the Corsair SF750 is currently € 151, it was always a bit cheaper here. Will probably still go for it, since all available high-end alternatives seem to be loud because of dumb fancurves.

For the fans I will probably just go for Noctua NF-A9x14 HS-PWM on CPU-cooler (and maybe inside SF750?), 2x Noctua NF-A12x15 and Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM for in the case. It's a lot of money on fans, and I kind of hate the fact that all 3 fan designs look slightly different, but they are best in class so...

I am open to feedback, so please DM if you have any ideas.

phishie

Efficiency Noob
Feb 9, 2022
I realized there are 2 sets of mounting holes for the riser cable which allowed me to move the stand offs and riser cable down (in upside down configuration). Note: I had to swap the stand offs around to use the headless screw on the mobo side to keep that mobo standoff in the correct place. I replaced the headless screw in the original spot with a spare screw I had with the same thread. A PCIe 4.0 cable now fits without hitting the fan. But, unfortunately, a 15 mm fan is still too tall to allow the top to close fully. Pics here:

So now i'm wondering if an exhaust fan above the GPU is even necessary really.

Last edited: